Other Controllers

Trelle

Reaction score
Is there a way or has anyone tried to use any other type of controller on this grill? Ever since the SmokeIT app was separated from the actual PB app I can’t use it at all and that was one of the main functions I wanted. The grill itself works perfectly for me and I’m happy but at the same time I’d like to be able to control my temps while I’m not home or just even monitor them. Heck have the ability to turn the grill off if I’m running late and want it to rest for a little.

I’ve been wondering the same thing too so I can have some better results in cooking. I’m very curious to get a hold of a Traeger PID controller with WiFi and install it since my brother in law is so happy with his set up.

I’ve been wondering the same thing too so I can have some better results in cooking. I’m very curious to get a hold of a Traeger PID controller with WiFi and install it since my brother in law is so happy with his set up.
The only way you can get the new Traeger D2 PID controller to work with a Pit Boss grill is to get the wiring harness as well from Traeger. I am not sure if Traeger sells the wiring harness separate, but you can always call them to see if they sell it separate. The Traeger controller connections are completely different so a lot of wiring modification will need to be done so yuo will need to have that wiring harness.

This was moved from the original forum which I didn’t list the model in my original post, but plays a huge part. This is for the KC Combo or Platinum line of smokers since it’s interface is so different than other PB smokers. Are their any ways or has anyone tried this?

Latest Discussions

Back