Original Pro Series 1100 $479 @ Lowes

DaveXDm9

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Lowes is getting rid of the Pro Series 1100 inventory to make room for the new Pro Series 1150. For $479 is a steal especially if you purchase a PID controller from Savannah Stoker for $189 you have a solid Pellet grill under $700 or a Rec-Tec controller with WiFi for $199.

If you want a really great PID contriller the Pellet Pro Patriot from Smokedaddy @ $249 or $299 with Wifi will elivate this Pro Series 1100 to a different level.

That's a good price but like you I don't need another one! Walmart still has KC Combo on clearance and still priced too high at over $600

I am very happy at getting my 1100 from Lowes back in April for $499.
Very happy with the smoker and hope to get at least 5 years out of it.
After that I will buy a New one if I need too.................................JT

I tried to buy a Rec-Tec controller last week, was told they stopped selling them to non Rec-Tec owners. They wanted a picture of the controller you were trying to replace/upgrade. I tried twice, but it was no go. Does anyone one know of another source for a new Rec-Tec controller?

I tried to buy a Rec-Tec controller last week, was told they stopped selling them to non Rec-Tec owners. They wanted a picture of the controller you were trying to replace/upgrade. I tried twice, but it was no go. Does anyone one know of another source for a new Rec-Tec controller?

That is too funny as Rec-Tec is catching on now. I was wondering how long it will take for them to stop doing so. I believe Pit Boss is going to do the same thing with the new Pro Series PID controller trying to force you to buy the grill outright.

Do you want the Rec-Tec ontroller for WiFi or you just want a PID controller. TBH the Savannah Stoker is a better PID controller than the Rec-Tec for $189, but it does not have WiFi.

I am trying to get my hands on the new Traeger PID controller and if I am successful I will let everyone know and provide some feedback after testing it on the Pro Series 1100.

Last edited:
I am very happy at getting my 1100 from Lowes back in April for $499.
Very happy with the smoker and hope to get at least 5 years out of it.
After that I will buy a New one if I need too.................................JT

Pellet grills can last longer than 5 years as there so many aftermarket parts to buy. The only thing that will destroy a Pit Boss rust, but I agree my Pro Series 1100 should be around for a long time.

Originally I thought I wanted the WiFi, but I've decided I really wouldn't use WiFi that much. I've been looking at both the Savannah Stoker and Pellet Pro, I will probably order the Savannah tomorrow.

The new Traeger PID is on their website for $350. A friend of mine has a new Traeger grill with the new PID controller and he really likes it, of coarse it was about a $1200 cooker too.

Originally I thought I wanted the WiFi, but I've decided I really wouldn't use WiFi that much. I've been looking at both the Savannah Stoker and Pellet Pro, I will probably order the Savannah tomorrow.

The new Traeger PID is on their website for $350. A friend of mine has a new Traeger grill with the new PID controller and he really likes it, of coarse it was about a $1200 cooker too.

The New Traeger D2 controller will not work on a Pit Boss grill..Oh well.

Last edited:
Anyone know if they’re going to restock or if Pit-Boss will be selling anywhere else? Looking to get the 1100 for my first pellet grill but out of stock where I am at

Anyone know if they’re going to restock or if Pit-Boss will be selling anywhere else? Looking to get the 1100 for my first pellet grill but out of stock where I am at
They have discontinued the Pro Series 1100 you might want to check other Lowes in your surrounding area.

Just a heads up but there are still some PB 820 and 1100 left in Lowes storage areas where only the associates can go.

In the Houston metro area I know that the Meyerland store has (or did at 1 pm) a PB 820 assembled in the back for $199

The associate brought out what was supposed to be a new in the box 820 but ended up being a 1100 that rang up for $274

They may have had the 1100 marked as an 820 in the inventory system. If you are wanting see if you can chase one down, get an associate to pull up the text based inventory system and look for the item numbers of 821232 (pb 820) and 1139081 (pb 1100). Make sure you can see the terminal since it will also display stock quantities for other stores in the district so you can check them out as well. If the store shows at least one have them go back and look for the two tone PB grills since that sets the old models apart from the new ones.

Also there is a 1100 combo in Pearland if see someone wants to try and pry it out of the managers hands. It has a few issues such as broken knob on the controller and grays from the wrong model on the smoke side.

Latest Discussions

Back