Opinions wanted for Pit Boss Vertical Smokers

MarsPitbossKC

Reaction score
Hey all,

I bought a KC Combo last year and had hoped to smoke with it. Unfortunately, the KC combo isn't the best for smoking. However, I like it for grilling and I love the skillet. I am considering buying a Pit Boss vertical smoker. I know that pellet smokers don't create a lot of "smoke, " but I don't want to go back to charcoal either. I would consider electric or propane if I can get a little more of the smoke I'm looking for.

So, the goal is- At least moderate amount of smoke, moderate ease of use but doesn't have to be totally hands free, upright, able to do cheese (hopefully) at a budget around $500.

What are you using? What suggestions do you have?

Marty

I purchased the Platinum Brunswick and had nothing but problems right from the get go. Had one successful cook which as far as smoking worked great. I bought the 1600 Pro Series instead and have noticed if you keep the temp low the first few hours you get a great smoke taste. Just a different way of doing it i've read up on. Hope that helps.

Hey all,

I bought a KC Combo last year and had hoped to smoke with it. Unfortunately, the KC combo isn't the best for smoking. However, I like it for grilling and I love the skillet. I am considering buying a Pit Boss vertical smoker. I know that pellet smokers don't create a lot of "smoke, " but I don't want to go back to charcoal either. I would consider electric or propane if I can get a little more of the smoke I'm looking for.

So, the goal is- At least moderate amount of smoke, moderate ease of use but doesn't have to be totally hands free, upright, able to do cheese (hopefully) at a budget around $500.

What are you using? What suggestions do you have?

Marty
My model is the PBV4PS2 and it's been performing well since last September when I got it. As far as smoke taste that's subjective. Some like it heavier some like it lighter. So for my taste and my wife's taste we're fairly happy with what we get from my model. A nice smoke color and a nice touch of smoke flavor and we're good to go.

I have a KC Combo also. I add some extra time to get a better smoke flavor. My wife & daughter both are not much on a heavy smoke taste. I have found the more you use the smoker the better it does.

We also have a Series 4 vertical. Amount of smoke flavor can also be affected by the pellets used. I prefer Bear Mountain or Jumberjack. I’ll also add a smoke tube for more smoke, basically doubles smoke output.
It’s a little trial and try again.

I have the Copperhead Series 3 vertical smoker and love it. It's been over a MONTH since I have used it, work keeping me busy these days and tied up with home projects on the weekend.

I have the copper head 7. Love it, i do use a smoke tube to adjust the somke taste. Haven't done cheese yet but i like it better then the electric smokers i started with.

Attachments

• 20211219_161058.jpg
    20211219_161058.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 20

Latest Discussions

Back