Now What?

Sadly I'm in Canada, where they like to screw with us.

F*ck Trudeau!

I have that model, paid 450 for mine last September, because I just had to have it. Ya know?

Anyway, so far so good here with it. No major issues. It came without the grease catcher…they sent me one. The rubber door gasket was cracking and falling apart…they sent me a replacement. So that’s that.
My smoking skills were minimal and probably still are, but this device has made it all the more easier.
But read through the forums here more about it. There’s fluctuating temp issues (normal) especially in cold temps, and not enough smoke for some users. Hint…smoke tubes solve that.

Last but not least is this forum. So much good help here for specifics. You can see how much everyone loves their smoke.

$799.............?!

Giggitty Giggitty.....

Oh, Canadian dollars. $632 US.
Just saw one at the Ormond Beach Lowes in Florida for $499.
That is $50 higher than it was last fall.....and $100 higher than it was 14-16 months ago.
Just sayin'....

Bought the Brunswick last fall for $399 at year end close out at a local Walmart here in Oregon.
Just had my first auger tube/hopper fire.
I'll figure out how to make the Brunswick work...
It's just a smoker not the space shuttle.

Last edited:
Last edited:
$799.............?!

Giggitty Giggitty.....

Oh, Canadian dollars. $632 US.
Just saw one at the Ormond Beach Lowes in Florida for $499.
That is $50 higher than it was last fall.....and $100 higher than it was 14-16 months ago.
Just sayin'....

Bought the Brunswick last fall for $399 at year end close out at a local Walmart here in Oregon.
Just had my first auger tube/hopper fire.
I'll figure out how to make the Brunswick work...
It's just a smoker not the space shuttle

I bought that model in May of last year and love, love, love it. Simple to use and gives great results. If any criticism, it may not deliver as much smoke as you want, but I and many people on this forum have purchased smoke tubes to augment the amount of smoke. Very solidly built.

After reading all the frightening stories of hopper fires on the Brunswick, along with the fact that it typically arrives damaged, I cancelled my order with Walmart.
Now I don't know which vertical smoker to buy.

Any thoughts on this one:
I wish I would’ve bought that unit but watching YouTube The people who had the Brunswick Sold me on it…. They never tell you what kind of problems they had on it stupid on my part……

After reading all the frightening stories of hopper fires on the Brunswick, along with the fact that it typically arrives damaged, I cancelled my order with Walmart.

Now this depends on what you are preparing if you make sausages hams bacon etc I would highly suggest going with a Pit Boss Sportsman 7 loads of room for those big cooks

I know you mention vertical but I have the Austin XL horizontal and I love it I take care of it wash it acasonaly and scrape the grease out on the inside. Ive had it around 4 years and wouldn't go with anything else
If you do happen to need parts you can buy it all on Amazon
I had a hole burn in my burn pot and bought a porcelain one with the burn probe for 26 or 28 dollars

I've really enjoyed mine it's like a car u have maintenance and if you don't stay on top of it it can get over whelming but I stay pretty much on top of mine I guess it comes with me getting older also. But a couple of weeks ago I cooked around 85 or 90 pounds of butts on mine for our church and they turned out great it was around a 12 hour cook

Latest Discussions

Back