Not holding temperature

Smokie

Reaction score
I was doing a 10-hour smoke and 3/4 the way there the smoker quit making heat. No er.code so I unplugged it and did a restart and it couldn't reach 225. Also the red /blue flame doesn't work like it did when new , no blue flame. I cleaned the temp probe , removed the auger , cleaned up everything the best I could and it happened again. Looks like it has a hard time lighting the pellets. How hot does the igniter get? My digital ir thermo is saying 110 degrees. I would like to use the smoker for Thanksgiving but I'm a little bit scared . Any help will be appreciated

I was doing a 10-hour smoke and 3/4 the way there the smoker quit making heat. No er.code so I unplugged it and did a restart and it couldn't reach 225. Also the red /blue flame doesn't work like it did when new , no blue flame. I cleaned the temp probe , removed the auger , cleaned up everything the best I could and it happened again. Looks like it has a hard time lighting the pellets. How hot does the igniter get? My digital ir thermo is saying 110 degrees. I would like to use the smoker for Thanksgiving but I'm a little bit scared . Any help will be appreciated
First question is how often you clean the grill and the temperature sensor?
Both play a roll in temperature’s
I clean mine after each cook
If you’ve done that you probably have a controller issue
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Ignitor should get to around 1000 degrees.

Here is some info Pit Boss sent me. They told me the wiring is the same for all all grills

Attachments

• WIRING DIAGRAM.pdf
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 8Pit Boss 550 wire Swap Test Fan.pdf
    485.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 11Pit Boss controller replacment (4).pdf
    593.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 14Troubleshooting Guide for Standard Pit Boss Barrel Pellet Grills (without Wi-Fi) (1) - Copy.pdf
    272.9 KB · Views: 10
Back