Noob, i guess.

dano`

Reaction score
Hey all, thought I had signed up for this forum when I got my PB700FB, about 3 years ago, but here I am. Pretty much love it, with a few minor complaints.
Sometimes, I get smoke coming out of the pellet box, and also, I've had to remove the auger to get it unstuck.
And theres the warranty. It seems that right after I got mine, they put out a better warranty. I went back to the company to ask if they could give me the same, and they pretty much ignored me.

The best way to keep the auger from getting stuck is to leave the grill covered when not in use and remove the pellets after a cook. I don't always remove the pellets but always keep it covered.

Hey all, thought I had signed up for this forum when I got my PB700FB, about 3 years ago, but here I am. Pretty much love it, with a few minor complaints.
Sometimes, I get smoke coming out of the pellet box, and also, I've had to remove the auger to get it unstuck.
And theres the warranty. It seems that right after I got mine, they put out a better warranty. I went back to the company to ask if they could give me the same, and they pretty much ignored me.
The warranty was changed when Pit Boss changed the parts they were using and the are now using a better Auger and Fan motor which would last longer. So it was a good ploy to get increase the warranty even though the both motors would majority of the time will not fail within 5 years.

If your auger gets stuck alot I would try using a different pellet type or when you pull the auger apart make sure the auger bar is not bent. For smoke coming out the hopper box do you clean out the fire box before every cook? Sometimes build up ash will block the air flow when the fan is running causing smoke to be pushed back up the auger tube.

I clean ash pot every two uses. As far as pellets, 99% of the time, I use Pit Boss pellets.

I clean ash pot every two uses. As far as pellets, 99% of the time, I use Pit Boss pellets.
Tt takes a lot to get the auger to jam unless there is something wrong with the motor or the auger bar has become bent.

Back