No power or LED

GrillMasternot

Reaction score
So a few months back my pitt boss had no display. Pulled the controller out, which is where you set your cooking Temps. I found a poor soilder connection on the black wire to the board. Fixed it and back in business. Then yesterday I went to cook a ham a once again no digits on board. Figured same problem, not the case. Found after taking connections apart to be a bad cord end. Cut plug off and replaced. Back in business again.

So a few months back my pitt boss had no display. Pulled the controller out, which is where you set your cooking Temps. I found a poor soilder connection on the black wire to the board. Fixed it and back in business. Then yesterday I went to cook a ham a once again no digits on board. Figured same problem, not the case. Found after taking connections apart to be a bad cord end. Cut plug off and replaced. Back in business again.
It's good you were able to trouble shoot it and make the fix. I would call Pit boss and tell them a new controller and a power cord is needed.

So did you have power on the black wire but on the board it wasn’t getting power? I got a free 1150 from a friend where the controller won’t turn on. Fuse was blown so I bought a few. Even after replacing it no power on the controller; I quickly checked with a multimeter and It shows power at the end of the power(black) wire. But I haven’t fully separated the controller to see if power is flowing throughout the unit.

Latest Discussions

Back