No Hope for Pit Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveXDm9

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
An individual in my neighborhood bought a Pro Series 1100 pellet grill and twice the grill overflowed with pellets and had a huge fire in it. The 2nd time was the worst one as it cracked the ceramic coating on the grates, melted the RTD wiring, and his lid temp gauge is stuck at 500.

I cannot support a company that keeps putting out crappy product. This grill is brand new and they need get there head out of there ass because someones house is going to get burned down or someone is going get hurt. He showed me both videos and it is ridiculous as I personally do not know him, but someone told him that I am familiar with Pellet grills so he reached to me. I feel bad for the guy and this is just BS that Pit Boss is having issues and they have no controllers in stock as they are back ordered.

1. You have guys that there auger and fan connections are reversed.
2. Bad controllers
3. Hopper with smoke from the Platinum grills
4. Platinum series PID controllers not working
5. bad igniters on new grills

Enough is enough with this crap as Pit Boss is becoming a joke.

I agree with you. Knock on wood I have not had any problems with my KC Combo yet. If I had seen & read about all the problems people are having I would have looked at another brand. I don’t use the smoker side that much but I wonder if I’ll be having these problems someday.

I just noticed on Twitter customers are hammering Pit Boss on no response from Customer service and parts on back order. Honestly I bought my Pro Series 1100 well before Covid and had not one problem with there controller besides the temps swings which is normal, but I bought a new controller since I wanted a PID. It looks like that grills that were manufactured after Covid are crap. The wiring issue is ridiculous there is not excuse for that product to leave the factory that way at all.

I feel lucky because I have had minimal issues and I have 2 Pit Boss's. One vertical and one pellet grill. The vertical is a champ and hold temps and gives great smoke flavor. My temp probe did go out on the grill but the one I bought on Amazon seems to work better than the one that came with it. but yeah, outta the box and not working, that is not good at all.

I have a feeling that Pit Boss as a company is on the market to be sold or they are just way too deep in the hole and it is going to taken them months and months to get out of it. Personally right now I would not buy or recommend a Pit Boss grill.

I saw a Lockhart and a Austin XL that were returned to Walmart yesterday sitting at the return desk.

I told a guy the other day that I would read this forum before I bought a pit boss! I had igniter problems from the get go and just bought another one off of Amazon...seems to be working great. $13 something. I'm just glad my control board is working right...I think...the last time I smoked on it the P1 setting was 50 degrees different that 2 days before that! I'm hoping that it was just the temp change outside but it was a little frustrating. I've noticed that any time I make a change to a temp setting that you have to let it go about 3 cycles before it catches up and normalizes.

I told a guy the other day that I would read this forum before I bought a pit boss! I had igniter problems from the get go and just bought another one off of Amazon...seems to be working great. $13 something. I'm just glad my control board is working right...I think...the last time I smoked on it the P1 setting was 50 degrees different that 2 days before that! I'm hoping that it was just the temp change outside but it was a little frustrating. I've noticed that any time I make a change to a temp setting that you have to let it go about 3 cycles before it catches up and normalizes.

Honestly I would be careful with that P setting I have heard so many nightmares when that setting gets adjusted on Pit Boss controllers. I am glad your controller is working fine this guy in my subdivision grill was working fine for two months and now it caught fire twice in the past 4 weeks with the last one was fatal to the grill. he has it on video i am trying to get him to send to me so you guys can see it.

An individual in my neighborhood bought a Pro Series 1100 pellet grill and twice the grill overflowed with pellets and had a huge fire in it. The 2nd time was the worst one as it cracked the ceramic coating on the grates, melted the RTD wiring, and his lid temp gauge is stuck at 500.

I cannot support a company that keeps putting out crappy product. This grill is brand new and they need get there head out of there ass because someones house is going to get burned down or someone is going get hurt. He showed me both videos and it is ridiculous as I personally do not know him, but someone told him that I am familiar with Pellet grills so he reached to me. I feel bad for the guy and this is just BS that Pit Boss is having issues and they have no controllers in stock as they are back ordered.

2. Bad controllers

2. Bad controllers

I have a PB electric vertical smoker, 2 series. After about a year, I started smoking a Pork Butt. I set the temp for 220 so I could slow cook it. To get the unit to start smoking I used the Smoker button. I left to do other things. When I came back the smoker had cooled down way below 220 while the red light showing the unit was heating up. The heating element stopped working. I gave up. Next day I tore the smoker apart and found out the heating element had a broken or melted wire where it connects to a terminal. I cleaned it up, Soldered it back up and put every thing together again. Fired up the smoker and it seemed to work, for a week and the same thing happened again. My PB smoker is a piece of junk.

Great. I wish i found these forums before buying the KC Combo last night. I fear I made a bad purchase now.

I have had mine since May with no problems yet. Knock on wood. Only have used the smoker 4 times. Have used the grill & griddle a bunch.
Thanks. When I bought mine online and picked it up today they gave me the floor model or something. It was already put together. Got home and it is missing the griddle and the grease bucket. I know worry about the quality of work they did putting it together? I didn't ask for them to put it together. I wish PitBoss sold this via a different vendor.

I would go over it real good to make sure all the bolts & screws are tight. It took me & my daughter about 3 hours to put it together.

2. Bad controllers

Just bought my husband this grill last Father's day. Had it replaced once because lowes put it together wrong. Two nights ago it almost blew my husband's face off. Pit Bosses response " OH well" if Lowe's wants to replace it that's on them. We wont!! No concern whatsoever for safety of the consumers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back