Newbie is Back

Boopster

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Going to cook chicken for my first time on my PBV4PS2 I'm very new to smoker cooking so if I asked a stupid question I apologize. I would like to do bone in I just can't find a recipe. So if ya'll could help a girl out I would be grateful.

Hi everyone, Going to cook chicken for my first time on my PBV4PS2 I'm very new to smoker cooking so if I asked a stupid question I apologize. I would like to do bone in I just can't find a recipe. So if ya'll could help a girl out I would be grateful.
Don’t bone it. Cut back to front on side and lay it flat on the grill. Mine always comes out great and juicy as well. Good luck!!

Don’t bone it. Cut back to front on side and lay it flat on the grill. Mine always comes out great and juicy as well. Good luck!!
I marinated my whole chicken for 12 hours in brine with 30g of salt, 2 cloves of garlic and 2 Tabs of sugar per liter of water. Rinse it, attach drumsticks and wings. Hanging using an old kitchen whisk, insert inside the chicken (drumsticks up, wings down), hang on the top rack with "S-hook". 225F 5 hours, up to 180F temperature inside the breasts. Excellent chicken. The skin was not very crispy. Perhaps increase the temperature to 350F, 1 hour before the end of cooking.

Attachments

• 262745B6-E6D2-4B93-8178-CFE5310FB5D4.jpeg
    262745B6-E6D2-4B93-8178-CFE5310FB5D4.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 17
I marinated my whole chicken for 12 hours in brine with 30g of salt, 2 cloves of garlic and 2 Tabs of sugar per liter of water. Rinse it, attach drumsticks and wings. Hanging using an old kitchen whisk, insert inside the chicken (drumsticks up, wings down), hang on the top rack with "S-hook". 225F 5 hours, up to 180F temperature inside the breasts. Excellent chicken. The skin was not very crispy. Perhaps increase the temperature to 350F, 1 hour before the end of cooking.
I’d increase the temperature before you reach internal temperature. Do you have a picture of the finished product?
Was the chicken tender and juicy?

I am nervous about my first try :oops: I have my spatchcock ready to go my question is do I program it at 225? and for how long? I hope I'm not being a pain in the arse.

225* is good, use an internal meat probe to watch the internal temp. of the chicken, done at 165* breasts,
I would turn the temp up to 350* or 400* and spray some canola oil on the skin before you reach the finish temperature.

I set my controller to 250 and it's jumping to 260 for some reason should it do that? so many questions to ask.. !. Should I preheat?

I am new to smoking as well but here is a little morsel of advise that I have come across, have a little "grill diary" take notes on what you did and the outcome. So over time you will internalize it but until then you can come back and freshen your memory of what worked and what didn't. One thing is for sure: it's not if you make mistakes but when. Don't fret over it just learn from it.

I am new to smoking as well but here is a little morsel of advise that I have come across, have a little "grill diary" take notes on what you did and the outcome. So over time you will internalize it but until then you can come back and freshen your memory of what worked and what didn't. One thing is for sure: it's not if you make mistakes but when. Don't fret over it just learn from it.
Thank you and by the way it was fricken awesome lol I forgot to take pics.. Tomorrow I will take on a rack of ribs !!!

Latest Discussions

Back