Newbie from downeast Maine

dobverson

Reaction score
Greetings from Back Bay!
My son gifted me my first pellet smoker grill for my Birthday. I thought he was a little nuts when he told me I would use it more than my oven. You were right Rob!
Anyway, we raise our own meat birds and I tried cooking one on the grill. low and slow. Didn't get it on in a timely manor so it wasn't done till 9 PM.
Didn't matter, that was the moistest chicken we ever had. The next chicken we tried spatchcocked. cooked so darn fast. definitely the way to go for me. Looking forward to many more meats to try.

Welcome to the group!!!
Make sure and post pictures of what you grill. We like pictures. Did you season the grill first?
Yes it was seasoned by my son when he assembled it for us. that assemble job was worse than putting together those bikes on Christmas eve. lol
I have cleaned it once so far. Do I need to reseason between the bottom plates where I can slide one over to get that char effect?
I had a sticking problem trying to slide the last time I used it.

Yes it was seasoned by my son when he assembled it for us. that assemble job was worse than putting together those bikes on Christmas eve. lol
I have cleaned it once so far. Do I need to reseason between the bottom plates where I can slide one over to get that char effect?
I would.

Yes, the first time is really hard and unusual, but you quickly get used to it.

Latest Discussions

Back