New user question

tfagert

Reaction score
I have a new KC Combo. Just completed the burn in on both sides (LP and Pellet).

A couple of questions. It appears the fan continues to run when I turn off the power (hold button for 2 sec). Is that normal, and does it eventually shut off. I was impatient, and unplugged the unit, and of course the fan stopped. Should I let the fan run until it turns off? Or should I just unplug the grill when I have completed my cooking?

Do people leave the grill plugged in typically? I have an outlet right next to where the grill sits. Should I leave it plugged in, or unplug after each use?

Thanks!

the Hellion

Reaction score
Platinum Laredo 1000 - The fan continues to run after powering off as part of the cooling down process. I personally unplug and cover mine every evening. I don't want it inadvertently being turned on. Have fun and enjoy cooking!

ANT0407

Reaction score
I think that the fan you are hearing is because your pit boss is in cool down mode, that typically takes about 15 minutes. As far as if you should leave it plugged in, I leave mine plugged when not in use but not sure if that's good or not. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.