New to Smoking

ScottS

Reaction score
I purchased a Pit Boss series 3 gas (Red), and I'm anxious to get started. I've already run the smoker for an hour or so to break it in. Being new to this, I really have no idea how to set the vents on this. There is not much info in the operator manual other than to use the vents to control temp.

Any help on vent settings would be appreciated.

I purchased a Pit Boss series 3 gas (Red), and I'm anxious to get started. I've already run the smoker for an hour or so to break it in. Being new to this, I really have no idea how to set the vents on this. There is not much info in the operator manual other than to use the vents to control temp.

Any help on vent settings would be appreciated.
Let me know what you find out. Just got a combo and think alot of it is trial and error!!!

Let me know what you find out. Just got a combo and think alot of it is trial and error!!!
Not much to be honest. I’ve used the smoker 4-5 times now and have left both vents about a third open. So far no issues with heat or amount of smoke, so I’m sticking with that until I learn more.

I have the PB 4 and my vent is all the way down so far I have not had any issues with temp but have read that the cap make no different but still looking for more info

I have the PB 4 and my vent is all the way down so far I have not had any issues with temp but have read that the cap make no different but still looking for more info
The 3 series has two vents positioned right next to each other at the top of the smoker. I don't know if changing the opening of one vent as opposed to the other does anything. Finding any information on what the function of these two vents is just about non existent.

Latest Discussions

Back