New to smoking, Chuck roast cook

alanlosch

Reaction score
Hi, I got the Pro Series 850PS2, the controller id the updated version with 10 degree increments.
I want to cook a Chuck roast over the weekend, I'm thinking of smoking it @200 for a few hours,
when the IT gets to about 165 I plan to put it into a foil with some vegies, and broth. letting the roast sit on top the vegies
covering it and going to 205 degrees.
anyone have other ideas? Am I thinking correctly?

Hi, I got the Pro Series 850PS2, the controller id the updated version with 10 degree increments.
I want to cook a Chuck roast over the weekend, I'm thinking of smoking it @200 for a few hours,
when the IT gets to about 165 I plan to put it into a foil with some vegies, and broth. letting the roast sit on top the vegies
covering it and going to 205 degrees.
anyone have other ideas? Am I thinking correctly?
That's basically how I do my chucks. Although it generally works out to the Temps you mentioned, I don't rely on temp alone. I wrap around 160 but only if the bark is how I want it. I always use my thermometer to probe for tenderness to determine if it is done(somewhere around 200). Every piece of meat is different so I find it best go by how the bark looks and if it's probe tender rather than temp. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back