New to Pellet Smoking

Murph

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to pellet smoking. I'm presently on vacation, but I have a new Pit Boss Navigator 1150 waiting on my when I get home. I've already ordered the Rec Tec controller. I'm hoping the new combo with rock. If anyone knows the connectors using in the PB controller, I would appreciate it. There are two white and one black for the temp.

Anyways,
My smoking/bbq addiction started when my wife bought me a Masterbuilt electric smoker. I smoked a pork butt and a brisket in it and they actually came out really good. I smoked rib several times with similar results. I upgraded to a Masterbuilt digital smoker. I continued to smoke in it for over a year. Now I'm upgrading to my new Pit Boss. Wish me luck. I will have a lot of questions. Thanks in advance.

Murph

When i first got my PB I am not sure this forum was here (or I didn't know about it). I did a lot of video watching on YouTube. Just do a search for how to install a Rec Tec controller.

Hello all. I'm new to pellet smoking. I'm presently on vacation, but I have a new Pit Boss Navigator 1150 waiting on my when I get home. I've already ordered the Rec Tec controller. I'm hoping the new combo with rock. If anyone knows the connectors using in the PB controller, I would appreciate it. There are two white and one black for the temp.

Anyways,
My smoking/bbq addiction started when my wife bought me a Masterbuilt electric smoker. I smoked a pork butt and a brisket in it and they actually came out really good. I smoked rib several times with similar results. I upgraded to a Masterbuilt digital smoker. I continued to smoke in it for over a year. Now I'm upgrading to my new Pit Boss. Wish me luck. I will have a lot of questions. Thanks in advance.

Murph

There are two videos on installing a REC-TEC controller as I almost bought one for my 1100 instead I went with Savannah Stoker controller. You will see a difference in Performance with the new controller,....good luck

Thank you.
I'm looking for the connectors so I don't have cut up the original controller.

I would reach out to Smokedaddy.com and ask them where they purchase the connectors for there controller to hook up to a Pit Boss. There controller hooks right up to Pit Boss without cutting wires. If not just search for Molex wire to wire connectors.

Let us know if you find them as we would like to share that with everyone who buys a Rec-Tec controller for there Pit Boss.

Last edited:
I think I found them on ebay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200809-220945_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200809-220945_eBay.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20200809-220906_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200809-220906_eBay.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 42
Very interested in your project. I also have a new Navigator 1150 with a new Rec Tec controller waiting to be installed. I am waiting for a pitboss controller to come in that I ordered on ebay. My plan is to cut the wires With connectors off of the new controller. Also was going to use the plastic faceplate to mount the recteq controller in. Just not sure how I will cut the hole in the plastic without cracking or melting it. Was wondering what your plans are to mount the controller.

Latest Discussions

Back