New to pellet grills, looking for some help

MoparFin

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a Pit Boss. I was wondering if the WiFi and Bluetooth features are worth it? I am looking at the Pro Series 1150. I would like one that size, so feel free to recommend other models around that size.

I have been smoking for a while with an electric vertical smoker, and sometimes in my Masterforge charcoal grill.

Basically I am torn between the Austin XL and the Pro Series 1150.

Last edited:
The Pro Series 1150 is having some controller issues from what I understand (has trouble maintaining 225, 250) but owners here can chime in and tell you all about it.

Hmmm. After reading through the issue, I wonder if it makes sense to go with the Austin at the lower price, then adding a PID with Wifi and Bluetooth later?

Hmmm. After reading through the issue, I wonder if it makes sense to go with the Austin at the lower price, then adding a PID with Wifi and Bluetooth later?
Go with the Austin XL or try to find a Pro Series 1100 at Lowes they are Pit Boss's legacy grill you can get them cheap right now.

Then add one of these controllers and you will have a top of line pellet grill.

or

No WiFi, but an outstanding PID controller

The wifi is nice when it works. It's hit or miss.
PB has falsely advertised that part about wifi. Needs some internal attention from PB, then sent out as firmware update.

There are other threads where people are constantly trying to figure it out.

Latest Discussions

Back