New to pellet grilling

Iamroch

Reaction score
Hi! I just got a Pit Boss Charleston combo grill. I needed a new grill and like the convenience of gas and am really looking forward to learning pellet grilling.
I have a question about changing pellets. What’s the best way to do it? I want to try some different flavors and I’m not sure the best way to switch between pellet types. Any suggestions?

Not sure about your model, but most have a pellet dump shoot out of the side/back of the hopper.
It does NOT get them 100%, but low enough for you to stir in the new flavor with the old and convert over for majority of cook.

There should be directions in your manual.

Empty the hopper, place new pellets in hopper. There will remain a few of the old pellets in the auger.

When changing flavors, its very handy to have a few buckets with lids handy for storing pellets. I found that filling the hopper with just enough pellets for a specific cook without going empty is what works for me.

When changing flavors, its very handy to have a few buckets with lids handy for storing pellets. I found that filling the hopper with just enough pellets for a specific cook without going empty is what works for me.
Great idea, thanks.

Latest Discussions

Back