ERL error code

Todd6843

Reaction score
I was getting the ERL error. Completely emptied and vacuumed Hopper and auger three times, still getting ERL error. Called pit Boss support and they said they have a new start up procedure for the vertical smoker. Here it is: Start it up on 200 degrees for 15 minutes with the door open, then 200 degrees for 5 minutes with the door closed, then set to cooking temp. I tried it and it seems to work. Make sure you’re chimney cap is spun up so there’s about an inch of daylight between the top of the chimney and bottom of the cap. Good luck!

I was getting the ERL error. Completely emptied and vacuumed Hopper and auger three times, still getting ERL error. Called pit Boss support and they said they have a new start up procedure for the vertical smoker. Here it is: Start it up on 200 degrees for 15 minutes with the door open, then 200 degrees for 5 minutes with the door closed, then set to cooking temp. I tried it and it seems to work. Make sure you’re chimney cap is spun up so there’s about an inch of daylight between the top of the chimney and bottom of the cap. Good luck!

I have gotten the erl code a few times. I think for me its happened when leaving it on smoke for too long and the fire dies out. Not sure why though.

Back