New Series 5 shuts off at ~400

kdeford

Reaction score
Just bought a new series 5 from TS. I assembled it and went through the burn in process. I wanted to see how it ran at 400 so turned it up. Display shows between 400-410 and runs for about 10 minutes then display starts fading and the grill shuts off completely. I turn back on and go through shut down procedure and try again with same result. Only thing I can think is there's not enough heat shield and display is getting hot enough it fail safe shuts down?

Update- I was able to find the online chat for pit boss.....they said using an extension cord 25ft or longer could cause this especially if it's not heavy duty. My cord I believe is 50ft and has seen better days but I used it with my Green Mountain with no problems. Will try a different cord shorter than 25ft and update.

Just bought a new series 5 from TS. I assembled it and went through the burn in process. I wanted to see how it ran at 400 so turned it up. Display shows between 400-410 and runs for about 10 minutes then display starts fading and the grill shuts off completely. I turn back on and go through shut down procedure and try again with same result. Only thing I can think is there's not enough heat shield and display is getting hot enough it fail safe shuts down?
Could be a controller issue if screen goes blank
My 820 did that
You need to call pitboss support
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Latest Discussions

Back