New pellet grill owner

speedychef

Reaction score
I have been grilling and smoking on charcoal for a little while. I have a standard Weber kettle 22 inch and a 18 inch Fornetto bullet smoker. Recently picked up the Pit Boss Lexington pellet grill. Thought it would be fun to try, and hoping it will simplify longer cooks. I'm going to try a brisket this weekend. Wish me luck.

Welcome! Be sure to post pics and the specifics of your cook if you can.

I have been grilling and smoking on charcoal for a little while. I have a standard Weber kettle 22 inch and a 18 inch Fornetto bullet smoker. Recently picked up the Pit Boss Lexington pellet grill. Thought it would be fun to try, and hoping it will simplify longer cooks. I'm going to try a brisket this weekend. Wish me luck.
Welcome to the group!
Roll that smoke 💨!!

Luck!

I love my Lexington! Simplifies long cooks and even more so for short cooks!

Attachments

• IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 14
What's your plan for the brisket? Briskets were my nemesis with temp issues -- being on the coast, the wind would be whipping, then still, then rainy, then hot. :)

Good for you. I have a 22” Weber too and have three observations.
1. Longer cooks like ribs and turkey are much easier and more precise regarding fuel supply and temperature control.
2. Not quite as Smokey as I was able to get on the Weber using wood chunky
3. Using it for steaks burgers and other things needing the direct is not a straight forward as on the Weber but each time it gets better

I’m glad I have it, haven’t used the Weber since but did keep it.

Latest Discussions

Back