New method for my brisket

panzon3

Reaction score
I’m gonna smoke my brisket for food bark and internal temp of about 165. Then I’m gonna finish it off in my oven. I’m gonna save some pellets by doing this. I am still using my rub of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Let’s see how it goes.
4D63EE13-B528-4A71-A6F7-6A559C7D60EF.jpeg

Attachments

• BC28ACCD-4E1F-4934-A536-B7C68C4F183C.jpeg
    BC28ACCD-4E1F-4934-A536-B7C68C4F183C.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 56
F7DBB823-2A1D-469E-B317-79B3F7671102.jpeg

After 5 hours of smoke the wrap and then I’m gonna finish it off in the oven at 275 degrees

F884DBD5-9C6B-4923-95BF-29B611F463BF.jpeg

medium to heavy smoke. Smoked it for 5 hours at 225 degrees. Then wrapped it and pit it in my oven for 2.5 hours at 275 degrees. Very tender and heavy salt and pepper flavor with a hint of garlic. So far this is the best tasting brisket I’ve cooked. Very happy with the flavor but wanting more smoke. Burnt ends are fantasti.

Nice, looks good. I still haven't done a brisket yet.

my opinion is for a 16-18lb brisket that is trimmed to about 13-14lb is you need about 6-7 hours of smoke. That time should set your bark pretty good. And then about 4-5 hours of wrap should get you the tenderness you need. I have wrapped mine and left it on the pit or put it in the oven and it doesn’t make a difference on the taste. it will save you some pellets if you put it in the oven. That is what I did this time. Good luck cooking a brisket

Mainly I never did one because of the size - it is just me, my wife and 2 daughters. They like when I smoke food but they do not eat a lot. An 8 pound pork butt will last us all week. If I did a huge brisket I would end up throwing a lot of it out because even with a small pork butt we end up tossing some by the end of the week. They just don't eat a whole lot.

Mainly I never did one because of the size - it is just me, my wife and 2 daughters. They like when I smoke food but they do not eat a lot. An 8 pound pork butt will last us all week. If I did a huge brisket I would end up throwing a lot of it out because even with a small pork butt we end up tossing some by the end of the week. They just don't eat a whole lot.

10-4, my wife and daughter chop up the left over brisket and put it on a baked potato or the pork butt and make a salad with it. But most of the time I take to work cause us plant workers will eat anything.
They have trimmed brisket ready to cook that are smaller. Maybe that can be an option for you. Good luck

I work in a plant as well and you're right, people here eat anything. Normally when I have a lot of leftovers I bring them in but everyone else is doing the same thing so there is a lot of food.

Latest Discussions

Back