Northern Que

Reaction score
first time posting here, my name is Gord villumsen, we live in Edmonton Alberta and i have been smokin on and off for over 50 years
lots has changed through the years

was looking at a Traeger or a Pitboss decided on the 850PS2 pro series had it for a couple of weeks now,
still just learning how and what its capabilities are
so far i am really impressed at how good it is and works

Gord

first time posting here, my name is Gord villumsen, we live in Edmonton Alberta and i have been smokin on and off for over 50 years

was looking at a Traeger or a Pitboss decided on the 850PS2 pro series had it for a couple of weeks now,

Gord
Welcome to the group sir !
Proud to see someone that’s been smokin meat as long as me. 😊😊🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Gord
Welcome from Florida. I also have an 850 and am quite happy with it, especially with the updated controller. Love the new 10 degree temp increments.

Gunieabear thanks for the welcome , i am really enjoying the ease of smoking compared to feeding the firebox, when did PB change to the 10 degree increments have a great week

Gunieabear thanks for the welcome , i am really enjoying the ease of smoking compared to feeding the firebox, when did PB change to the 10 degree increments have a great week
Not sure exactly when the change took place. There were mixed facts from Pitboss and others. I got my replacement controller a few months ago and it has the new increments. A few people have reported buying new 850s from Lowes with the new controller. I'd have to guess it's been available for 6 to 8 months, maybe a bit more. Sure is nice having the 10 degree adjustment option.

Glad you're enjoying your new toy. Now you can fuss with different brands of pellets. I'm burning up my remaining Pitboss pellets and drifting toward Bear Mountain. Some say Lumber Jack is best. It's all trial and a matter of personal taste.

I have a wood chip burner and the 850 pellet grill. The chip burner puts out more smoke flavor. The 850 is definitely easier to use. Learning all the time. You'll pick up some good info here.

Latest Discussions

Back