New member here

Guineabear

Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum but have been using Pit Boss smokers for about 2 years. I have a Silver Star digital vertical (2 series) which is broken now and waiting for parts. Also have an 850 Pro series. Love them both but the vertical using wood chips seems to impart a lot more smoke flavor, while the pellet grill is a lot easier to use and more convenient.

Have only used Pitboss pellets in the 850 so far and will be looking to try some other brands that aren't blends. Hope to pick up and share some good info here.

Welcome.....Kingsford is about the only one that doesn't say a blend. I been using Bear Mountain and love them

Picked this up on the LG Costco road show.

Doesn't say blend....
20211001_122316.jpg

20211001_122843.jpg

I've been using Cookin pellets. I order them off of Amazon with my prime to avoid the shipping cost of buying them on their website. They are 100% hardwood, no fillers, no bark. They are about $35 for a 40 lb bag so more expensive but by far the best pellets I've used.

Last edited:
Welcome.....Kingsford is about the only one that doesn't say a blend. I been using Bear Mountain and love them
Thanks for the reply...Lumberjack is supposed to be good with some non-blends but haven't tried them yet. Still have a couple of bags of Pitboss to use. Doing sausage and brats today using a 50/50 mixture of Fruit and Classic blends. That has worked out pretty well so far.

I've been using Cookin pellets. I order them off of Amazon with my prime to avoid the shipping cost of buying them on their website. They are 100% hardwood, no fillers, no bark. They are about $35 for a 40 lb bag so more expensive but by far the best pellets I've used.
Thanks, will have to take a look at them.

Latest Discussions

Back