New KC Combo owner, first ever smoker cook.

larry0071

Reaction score
Yesterday I made use of our new KC Combo Platinum, and my ribs were far better than anything I had ever been able to do on a gas grill. The difference is startling, I never knew!
So I ran a 3 hour period uncovered starting at 10:30 am, I would fluctuate my set temp from 180 (SMOKE) to 260 about every half hour for the 3 hours, then we placed the HD foil down and sliced up a half stick of salted butter to lay in with the rack of ribs and sealed it, then doubled it in a second layer. Then the second rack got it's half stick of salted butter and double wrap. At this point I had my 4 large chicken breasts rubbed and wrapped and in the fridge for a couple hours, so out came the chicken. It was about time to merge them based on estimated cook times. So the 2 wrapped racks of ribs now moved up to the upper small cooking rack. and the giant chicken breasts went down on the main cooking rack. I ran this way until I hit around 145 internal on the thickest part of the bird meat (Around 1 hour), then dropped the ribs back down with the chicken that just got foil wrapped (double wrapped) and punched the temp to 300° for the final 1 hour. So that took me out to 3:30 pm, I then opened turned off the KC Combo and let the cooling shutdown process begin as I left the meats in there for the next 20 min or so. I probed the chicken and was seeing 170 in the very thickest areas.

My wife was up in the house getting her baked beans (Heinze baked beans, honey, brown sugar, tons of ketchup) out of the oven and getting the Kraft deluxe (my fathers FAVORITE) mac and cheese on the table while I carried the rested meats up. The entire family was there, my parents, my son and his family, my daughter and my youngest boy.... Everyone was happy, excited and exclaiming how fabulous this worked! How much better than I had ever done on my gas grill, and how you could compare this to Longhorn Steakhouse.... Trust me, this is big compliments from my group of people! I am so proud of myself and so happy with how well the KC Combo Platinum worked out. I just never knew. But now I know.

Attachments

• 20221023_115230.jpg
    20221023_115230.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 20221023_121440.jpg
    20221023_121440.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 38
  • 20221023_121451.jpg
    20221023_121451.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20221023_125025.jpg
    20221023_125025.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20221023_125158.jpg
    20221023_125158.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20221023_152656.jpg
    20221023_152656.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20221023_152724.jpg
    20221023_152724.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20221023_152709.jpg
    20221023_152709.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20221023_161342.jpg
    20221023_161342.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20221023_161406.jpg
    20221023_161406.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 39
Welcome to the group from Texas!!!
Roll that smoke 💨
Looks awesome 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

One thing that my wife and I gave up on with this new Pit Boss is the supposed Wi-Fi and BT phone application connection. I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra and she has a Galaxy S21 and we both installed the Smoke IT application and tried like heck to connect to BT or Wi-Fi and it fails.

Welcome.
Reach out to customer support 877 303 3134 option 1, could be something simple or the controller needs replacing. My controller was bad when it was brand new and wouldn't connect to wifi.

One thing that my wife and I gave up on with this new Pit Boss is the supposed Wi-Fi and BT phone application connection. I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra and she has a Galaxy S21 and we both installed the Smoke IT application and tried like heck to connect to BT or Wi-Fi and it fails.
Hello Larry,
I have an S21 and the PBV5. Cowboy is right, because my rig recognized my phone and app right away. I hope Techies get you going.

Hello Larry,
I have an S21 and the PBV5. Cowboy is right, because my rig recognized my phone and app right away. I hope Techies get you going.
Well,
I did call and talked to Danny and he sent me a warranty form that I've already filled out and sent back. He's saying that my computer panel IT thing is fubar. Hopefully they ship out a new one and I can get this thing going at 100%.

Well,
I did call and talked to Danny and he sent me a warranty form that I've already filled out and sent back. He's saying that my computer panel IT thing is fubar. Hopefully they ship out a new one and I can get this thing going at 100%.
Also make sure the phone is on a 2.4 gh wify the grill can't see 5G the new controller will be the same that way but they do have a failure to connect

Yesterday I made use of our new KC Combo Platinum, and my ribs were far better than anything I had ever been able to do on a gas grill. The difference is startling, I never knew!
So I ran a 3 hour period uncovered starting at 10:30 am, I would fluctuate my set temp from 180 (SMOKE) to 260 about every half hour for the 3 hours, then we placed the HD foil down and sliced up a half stick of salted butter to lay in with the rack of ribs and sealed it, then doubled it in a second layer. Then the second rack got it's half stick of salted butter and double wrap. At this point I had my 4 large chicken breasts rubbed and wrapped and in the fridge for a couple hours, so out came the chicken. It was about time to merge them based on estimated cook times. So the 2 wrapped racks of ribs now moved up to the upper small cooking rack. and the giant chicken breasts went down on the main cooking rack. I ran this way until I hit around 145 internal on the thickest part of the bird meat (Around 1 hour), then dropped the ribs back down with the chicken that just got foil wrapped (double wrapped) and punched the temp to 300° for the final 1 hour. So that took me out to 3:30 pm, I then opened turned off the KC Combo and let the cooling shutdown process begin as I left the meats in there for the next 20 min or so. I probed the chicken and was seeing 170 in the very thickest areas.

My wife was up in the house getting her baked beans (Heinze baked beans, honey, brown sugar, tons of ketchup) out of the oven and getting the Kraft deluxe (my fathers FAVORITE) mac and cheese on the table while I carried the rested meats up. The entire family was there, my parents, my son and his family, my daughter and my youngest boy.... Everyone was happy, excited and exclaiming how fabulous this worked! How much better than I had ever done on my gas grill, and how you could compare this to Longhorn Steakhouse.... Trust me, this is big compliments from my group of people! I am so proud of myself and so happy with how well the KC Combo Platinum worked out. I just never knew. But now I know.
I am the same I didn't realize what a difference the pellet cooker could make. They are wonderful and really step up the quality of my cooking.😃😃😃

Did the pup get a plate?

Latest Discussions

Back