New KC Combo grill keeps asking for firmware update.

Charlie

Reaction score
I have tried many, MANY times over the past couple of days to get my grill to accept that it got the firmware update but still every time I open the app on my phone and connect to the grill it tells me there is a firmware update so I go through the motions and it then tells me the firmware update was installed and to reconnect to the device, but doing so prompts me for to apply a firmware update again. Over the past two days I have done this about a dozen times so can't imagine that there was that many updates needed.

Anyone else encounter this, or know how to get it to actually update?

This is a known broken feature. I was able to get the app to update the firmware using my Apple iPad this morning but the Samsung app is broke out of the box and hangs on the firmware update with the S10 and current Android os. I don't know if the Apple firmware update wants to continually update. It did stop and I was able to set the temp, turn it off, etc. using the app. I didn't test the probes. The support email I found on the Apple review website is a dead email address. Pitboss customer support bounced me to another contact number where I left a message. #classaction #falseadvertisment

I have tried many, MANY times over the past couple of days to get my grill to accept that it got the firmware update but still every time I open the app on my phone and connect to the grill it tells me there is a firmware update so I go through the motions and it then tells me the firmware update was installed and to reconnect to the device, but doing so prompts me for to apply a firmware update again. Over the past two days I have done this about a dozen times so can't imagine that there was that many updates needed.

Anyone else encounter this, or know how to get it to actually update?
I'm having the same issue...

There's a newer firmware out ... The app got updated and the firmware actually took... Check it out if it works for you... Update the app first

Just received an email for Pit Boss for an update on the app. Looks like they’re going to WIFI. Will try the update this weekend and see if it works.

There's a newer firmware out ... The app got updated and the firmware actually took... Check it out if it works for you... Update the app first

Let me know how the new firmware works out and if it improves the performance of the grill.

Latest Discussions

Back