New here, and new to the Griddle

OKTakAHik

Reaction score
Just tried out my new Pit Boss Portable Tabletop 2-Burner Griddle. It's great! Easy to use, even for a first-timer, and didn't melt or even mark my table top! But I have a few questions:
1. The burners seem to be hottest on the back part of the griddle, and not hot at all in the front. Of course it doesn't take long at all to cook a great meal on this for the two of us outside our
camper trailer. Is this a design to make different heat zones that I will learn to take advantage of as I learn how?
2. There is a sort of bracket in the bottom of the Fire Box that is not mentioned in the Owners Manual - what is it for?
3. Is there a hard lid available for this? even if it has some brand-X name on it, it would be helpful when griddling under the trees.
4. Are there aluminum foil inserts for the grease cup, or a workaround? I am kind-of a leave no trace guy.
5. Is there some tool I could use to clear gunk of of the griddle that gets hung up in the hole in the griddle above the grease cup? It's too small for my spatula, and too hot for my finger.
6. Is there any problem using this with a 20-pound tank? It doesn't use a lot of fuel, but I would consider connecting it to the LP system on my trailer.

Thanks for your help?

Just tried out my new Pit Boss Portable Tabletop 2-Burner Griddle. It's great! Easy to use, even for a first-timer, and didn't melt or even mark my table top! But I have a few questions:
1. The burners seem to be hottest on the back part of the griddle, and not hot at all in the front. Of course it doesn't take long at all to cook a great meal on this for the two of us outside our
camper trailer. Is this a design to make different heat zones that I will learn to take advantage of as I learn how?
2. There is a sort of bracket in the bottom of the Fire Box that is not mentioned in the Owners Manual - what is it for?
3. Is there a hard lid available for this? even if it has some brand-X name on it, it would be helpful when griddling under the trees.
4. Are there aluminum foil inserts for the grease cup, or a workaround? I am kind-of a leave no trace guy.
5. Is there some tool I could use to clear gunk of of the griddle that gets hung up in the hole in the griddle above the grease cup? It's too small for my spatula, and too hot for my finger.
6. Is there any problem using this with a 20-pound tank? It doesn't use a lot of fuel, but I would consider connecting it to the LP system on my trailer.

Thanks for your help?
Welcome to the Pit Boss Forum. I can't help ya with the griddle.

Thanks for your help?
Just starting out myself with a three burner griddle, but for #6 I can't see why not. What I did when we were building our deck, I connected a 3/8 copper line from my gas connection (actually a gas person did), and ran the copper line to opposite side of the deck, ran it up to my grill (non pit boss) and to the griddle with a a cutoff. It works great for the grill, but we did test it for the griddle and there was no issue with starting. Being new to the griddle, just got it together and connected to gas line, waiting for rain to stop to season it and get going using it.

Latest Discussions

Back