New guy from MN.

darkangelshub

Reaction score
Just wanna introduce myself.
I'm Jay from MN, very very new to smoking, I have only done 1 pork butt on a weber kettle (turned out pretty good), but I have always wanted to try Brisket, so after watching a gazillion you tube vids, between offset and pellet smokers, I opted for the PB 1150, ordered that from Lowes, estimated delivery is 9/7/21, so I am on the forum currently and I dont even have the smoker yet, my brisket is ordered from SRF, and arrives 9/9/21 ... so i should have plenty of time to get the smoker assembled, seasoned, and figure out if there are any temp issues (hopefully, it comes with the updated software for 10 degree increments).

TL:DR ... "Hi".

A Snake River brisket for you first cook on the 1150! Jumping right in with both feet, I love it! Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the group!
No matter what I smoke I always spray Apple juice hourly on it.

Welcome from SC.
Before you thaw out that brisket. Cook a few other things to get use to how your cooker runs and don't get hung up on grill temps. Go by internal temps of what you're cooking.
Go ahead and get a smoke tube coming also.
Good idea, I guess doing a few racks of ribs and a chicken won't hurt, and from what I have read about the temp swings on the 1150, I will have my own gauges in the cooker and meat, and adjust the dail accordingly.

Latest Discussions

Back