New from California

Tarmac

Reaction score
Just bought the KC Combo Platinum grill, first cook today went well, but then I held the power button till it shut down, but fan kept running and I had smoke in my hopper, I had to unplug to stop, I have read about this issue in the forum already, 800.00 is a lot to pay for a grill, and esp one that you can’t turn off.

Hmmm.. normally it will run up to 10 minutes after you turn it off. How long did you wait?

The pellet box started smoking around five minutes , and I have only cooked two times and it happened the first time, second I just unplugged unit before repeating issue

Just bought the KC Combo Platinum grill, first cook today went well, but then I held the power button till it shut down, but fan kept running and I had smoke in my hopper, I had to unplug to stop, I have read about this issue in the forum already, 800.00 is a lot to pay for a grill, and esp one that you can’t turn off.
The fan will run for about 20 minutes when you turn it off. I have a long rod I use to help push the ash during cooks. I have not had smoke in the hopper. I also stir the hopper to keep the pellets so not to get a void into the tube.

Are you keeping the lid closed during startup? Mine would back feed smoke into hopper and it would linger. Learned to leave kid open during startup, no backup...just a hint...

Are you keeping the lid closed during startup? Mine would back feed smoke into hopper and it would linger. Learned to leave kid open during startup, no backup...just a hint...

What does the manual say about the process? The Prose Series 1100 sates to leave it open util you hear the fan kick on and clears the smoke then shut the lid.

Same with the KC Combo. Says to leave lid open till the heavy start up smoke clears

Why do people not read the manual

image.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back