New Firmware for Pit Boss Pro 1150

just to let everyone know this firmware update is not just for 1150 it is for all of the new Pro Series PID controllers.

just to let everyone know this firmware update is not just for 1150 it is for all of the new Pro Series PID controllers.
how do you know the 850 is included?
I have not heard anything from Pit Boss about an update for the 850.

Mike thanks for posting this YouTube vid. I am actually on the phone with them now and I am being told that there might actually be a fix. The customer service guy is saying that I will get an email with intructions on how to make the changes Hmmm we'll see. Anyway thanks again

Phil

Here is the response to me via the tech support email

There has been an update to your case:

Hello,
If you're having issues with the grill holding temp on the lower settings, there is a 3 step burn off process we'd have you do. If after this you're still having issues, please let us know as we have a plan in place to reprogram the board.
If you do this in a single day, expect it to take about 5 hours.
Set the grill directly to 350� instead of Smoke and run it at that temp for 40 minutes. After that, drop the grill down to 200� and let it run for an additional 40 minutes. Shut the grill down and let it cool down. After that, turn the grill back on to 350� for another 40 minutes, then down to 225� for 40 minutes and shut it down again after that. Then start up to 350� for a final 40 minutes, then down to 250� for 40 minutes. After that's been done, the board should "learn" from that and your temps may be more in line. This will take a bit of time, but there have been quite a few people who've stated this works very well for them.
Please reply directly to this email or give us a callback if you have anymore issues.
Thank you!

If you would like to respond to this case, please reply to this email.

Will it add the 10 degree increments like the video says??

Member of my church has a 850 I told him about it so he contacted them and they are sending him a return label for his controller to be updated.

Here is the response to me via the tech support email

There has been an update to your case:

Hello,
If you're having issues with the grill holding temp on the lower settings, there is a 3 step burn off process we'd have you do. If after this you're still having issues, please let us know as we have a plan in place to reprogram the board.
If you do this in a single day, expect it to take about 5 hours.
Set the grill directly to 350� instead of Smoke and run it at that temp for 40 minutes. After that, drop the grill down to 200� and let it run for an additional 40 minutes. Shut the grill down and let it cool down. After that, turn the grill back on to 350� for another 40 minutes, then down to 225� for 40 minutes and shut it down again after that. Then start up to 350� for a final 40 minutes, then down to 250� for 40 minutes. After that's been done, the board should "learn" from that and your temps may be more in line. This will take a bit of time, but there have been quite a few people who've stated this works very well for them.
Please reply directly to this email or give us a callback if you have anymore issues.
Thank you!

If you would like to respond to this case, please reply to this email.

Will it add the 10 degree increments like the video says??
No, that will not give you the update. You will have to send the controller off to them to have the firmware updated. From what I understand that 3 step process is a waste of pellets because some people are still having issues after doing the same process. I cannot confirm because I do not have a model with a PID controller.

Just sent mine in ! Hope this does the trick, to good of a smoker to not function right, for sure don’t want to return my 1150.

Thanks Mike.. I'm beginning to run out of patience with Pit Boss and am going to take a different tact if they don't stop the BS

Member of my church has a 850 I told him about it so he contacted them and they are sending him a return label for his controller to be updated.
funny, I have reported issues with mine and have not heard anything from them.
But they are sending me a new cover that has the same problem as the first one, draw strings don't work. I didn't ask for a new one, just pointed out that the draw strings don't work.
I would rather have a controller with proper temperature increments.

funny, I have reported issues with mine and have not heard anything from them.
But they are sending me a new cover that has the same problem as the first one, draw strings don't work. I didn't ask for a new one, just pointed out that the draw strings don't work.
I would rather have a controller with proper temperature increments.
call them that is what he did

Latest Discussions

Back