Need more smoke

jkent8

Reaction score
Hey new here, just got the pro series 1150. Just smoked ribs at 225 for a couple hours but noticed smoke was not really coming out grill or chimney. I primed the augur before first use, plenty of pellets an no augur error codes. New to pellet grills but shouldn’t smoke always be coming out?

Hey new here, just got the pro series 1150. Just smoked ribs at 225 for a couple hours but noticed smoke was not really coming out grill or chimney. I primed the augur before first use, plenty of pellets an no augur error codes. New to pellet grills but shouldn’t smoke always be coming out?
I just finished my first cook on my 1600. I smoked a boston butt for pulled pork using Pit Boss hickory pellets. I got a fantastic smoke ring and it tasted great but I wish it had a bit more smoke flavor. Im going to try a smoke tube next time for a bit more flavor. I'm also going to try other brands of pellets.

I just finished my first cook on my 1600. I smoked a boston butt for pulled pork using Pit Boss hickory pellets. I got a fantastic smoke ring and it tasted great but I wish it had a bit more smoke flavor. Im going to try a smoke tube next time for a bit more flavor. I'm also going to try other brands of pellets.
Also it looks to me like the smoke runs in cycles

Also it looks to me like the smoke runs in cycles
Here’s a link to a few more options in adding more smoke for your pellet grill bbq’s

Good luck.

Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... In SoCal and Always... Semper Fi

Latest Discussions

Back