Need help/Laredo

Rarag72

Reaction score
Just curious what I'm doing wrong here. First pellet grill. There is a 40 degree difference between the ambient temp and the grill temp. I set it at 225, probe on grill read 280 when I came back a hour or so later and the brisket was burnt to hell. What temp do you go by? Is there something wrong with the probes? Should I get different ones? Right now it's set at 180 the actual reads 184 and the probe on the grill says 239. Think I need some advice. 🤣Thank you

FYI this is an issue with the grill. I am experiencing something fairly similar, and it's super frustrating. I'm not sure if the controller is bad, or what is going on. I think I'm gonna contact Pit Boss customer service about it. I expect they'll probably tell me that the controller needs replacing and send me a new one, as that seems to be their go to solution for temp issues from what I'm reading.

If that doesn't work, I think I'm gonna look into getting the after-market heat deflector that someone made for this. My impression is that it's another piece of metal that goes directly over the burn cup to further diffuse the heat created and even out the temperature distribution. There is also a mod for the ledge that the stock heat deflector sits on - not entirely sure what that one does.

Latest Discussions

Back