Natural Gas Conversion

WescoeBeachBum

Reaction score
Just purchased a KC Pro and so far I really like it...my issue is I really want to hook the grill portion to the natural gas hook up already on my deck. I come to find out there is no conversion kit available because that would be too easy. I’ve spoke to a couple of plumbers and they don’t want anything to do with it. Anyone with this issue and a fix?

For safety I would call your gas company, they might have or direct you to where to get the correct regulator.

For safety I would call your gas company, they might have or direct you to where to get the correct regulator.

Correct...you'll still need a natural gas regulator to step the pressure down, but since propane burns hotter than natural gas, the existing orifice will have too small an opening. So, either you'll need to find a replacement with a larger opening or drill it out yourself.

As Mike says, check with your local gas company. I was just explaining the process and not necessarily recommending that you do it yourself. :)

Many Companies that do natural gas installs should be able to convert it over for you, but you will void any warranty on the gas side, possibly the whole grill.

Latest Discussions

Back