My Introduction

Grillman56

Reaction score
I posted a thread already but I am new to this group so I wanted to do an introduction. I’m 30 years old from south west Louisiana (Cajun Country). I am in the Restraunt industry and food is my passion. I have been wanting a pellet grill for some time but with 3 kids sometimes I don’t get what I want right away. I’m sure plenty of y’all know how that goes. This past weekend my wife and kids gave me a Pit Boss 820D3 from Academy for Father’s Day. I love it so far and I will be doing many many things with it. I joined this forum to get to know a few pellet enthusiast and gain some knowledge and hopefully spread some knowledge one day. Well that’s my introduction, I’m excited about learning everything about pellet grills. Thank you all and I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Welcome and I think you will enjoy your Pit Boss. Check YouTube for a ton of how to videos, I usually go there before a weekend cook to get ideas of what I want to smoke.

I live in the Panhandle of Northwest Florida. Also have 3 kids but the oldest is already gone (he lives in Tennessee where we are originally from). My middle child (daughter) starts FSU next week so I know what you mean about having kids and priorities and them coming first. Right now buying her books and paying tuition (luckily she got a scholarship so it isn't costing us an arm and a leg).

Pellet grills are a lot of fun. I'm pretty novice when it comes to using one but I haven't messed up a cook yet!

Morning all from an old stick smoker upgrading to pellets. I live just about 18 miles outside of Dallas, Tx and raised 3 great kids. Both my son & son-in-law have been using pellets for about a year now and finally talked me into my first pellet smoker. So I went with the KC Combo because if the griddle. I have used the griddle a few times so far and I'm liking it. Only thing I have done in the smoker is a Queso dip my daughter found on line & it came out great. I am planning on doing some ribs this weekend, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed nothing goes wrong with the unit. MikelnFla, I know what you mean about books for collage. My son graduated from Texas A&M and my daughter is doing on line classes at the Academy of Art in San Francisco, My daughter has been renting her books from someplace she found online and it's been working out so far. Hope you all have a great Father's Day.

Latest Discussions

Back