Moisture in Hopper

I am guessing you have high humidity and lots of moisture in the way of rain. Only put pellets in the hopper when you are going to use them. Keep pellets in airtight bucket. Maybe use a hot air gun on the inside of the hopper before you put the pellets in.

Hello, is the cover water proof, maybe a pin hole in it? Cover going on once the grill has cooled off, not trapping any heat under the cover? I'd try a plastic bag over the hopper when storing it, then after a good rain see if it's wet= bad cover.

Hello, is the cover water proof, maybe a pin hole in it? Cover going on once the grill has cooled off, not trapping any heat under the cover? I'd try a plastic bag over the hopper when storing it, then after a good rain see if it's wet= bad cover.
Yes your cover leaking would be a suspect. Are you saying that your smoker is outside in the weather? It wouldn't hurt to cover the Hopper with plastic also just to be safe.

Yes your cover leaking would be a suspect. Are you saying that your smoker is outside in the weather? It wouldn't hurt to cover the Hopper with plastic also just to be safe.
My smoker is stored inside.

try not covering it .it might be the fact you have a hot temp in the garage then it cools down and your getting condensation

If it is stored inside I would think it would be dry. You're making this pretty hard to figure out. If it was outside covered up in the rain then I was suspect the cover. If it is covered and stays inside I have no clue.
Baconmaker41 is the one with moisture in the hopper, not me.

Latest Discussions

Back