Methods and rubs

Soto73

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m looking to get some input on some methods and some good rubs. I wanted to smoke some salmon this week and smoke some ribs over the weekend and would like to know how you guys go about preparing and smoking your salmon . ?Also looking for the best dry rubs for my smoked ribs .?

I make my own dry rub for ribs, pork, brisket. and try tip. It turns out a little different each time as i don't measure when I mix it. I am starting a journal so I might write it down next time and fine tune it as I go. I use the following

brown sugar
paprika
garlic powder
onion powder
chili powder
cumin
koshar salt

I put it all in a mason jar and use as needed.

for Salmon

my wife loved it although I am not Salmon guy so I would not know I am just the cook.

pretty darn good stuff here for Ribs, Brisket, and All Around Rub

I used to live in the Seattle area, and Ive come to believe with Salmon smoking, less is often more, meaning dont pollute the natural flavor of the fish. Find the most basic rub you think you might like, salt, maybe some brown sugar and MAYBE one other ingredient. Also for smoked salmon Alder wood is the Native Choice and does seem to be the best. Rub it, leave it overnight in the fridge, let it develop the pellicle i think they call it, its a sheen across the fish, then smoke it, but dont cook it. Good luck.

Latest Discussions

Back