Meater thermometer made my Lexington smoker experience so much better

Foggyforests

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had bought the Lexington smoker from Walmart as an impulse buy. I had been eyeing other brands and usually do a ton of research before buying something big, but I saw the pictures on the side of the box for the mobile app and just automatically assumed the Lexington had a Bluetooth/wifi controller.

It doesn’t.

So, I was feeling pretty bummed about that, but on top of that, the Lexington’s temp seemed off. For instance, if I set it to 225, it doesn’t get anywhere near that according to probes laid on the grate. Setting it to 300 keeps me right around 230-240, which is great if you want that temp(kinda), but also keeps you wondering throughout an entire cook whether or not temps are going to go up to 300 or not.

Enter the meater thermometer. Used it for the first time last night and I loved it. Made a very juicy pork tenderloin.

It took the guesswork out of the ambient temps of the grill and just made me feel a bit better about cooking on the Lexington. Could I have spent a bit more and gotten a digital controller? Yes, but the meaters tech is far above anything out there right now it seems.

thanks for reading! Happy smoking.
3196F985-68DE-47EE-A7E5-4F6466EB1B1F.jpeg
AB42E9EA-0C0D-4A51-B2AE-0A88C4B9ED46.jpeg

I use a thermopro 20 and a Kizen meat thermometer, nothing is undercooked or overcooked.

Thermoworks smoke was the best add on to my 820, until I bought a smoke X4
Currently using the probes and temp display on my 850 along with the Pitboss app. But never sure about accuracy. The probe usually agrees closely with my instant read. Am waiting for the smoke to o on sale since the X4 is more than I need. Have also looked at the Meater and do like the idea of no cable. Always have a case of the wants.

Currently using the probes and temp display on my 850 along with the Pitboss app. But never sure about accuracy. The probe usually agrees closely with my instant read. Am waiting for the smoke to o on sale since the X4 is more than I need. Have also looked at the Meater and do like the idea of no cable. Always have a case of the wants.
Smoke is a good unit.

They had their pre black Friday sale so watch again at black Friday. Subscribe for the deals so you don't miss it.

I suggest ordering a second air temp probe.

Some cooks it's good to know left side and right side temp when you aren't using a meat probe.

Hey guys,

I had bought the Lexington smoker from Walmart as an impulse buy. I had been eyeing other brands and usually do a ton of research before buying something big, but I saw the pictures on the side of the box for the mobile app and just automatically assumed the Lexington had a Bluetooth/wifi controller.

It doesn’t.

So, I was feeling pretty bummed about that, but on top of that, the Lexington’s temp seemed off. For instance, if I set it to 225, it doesn’t get anywhere near that according to probes laid on the grate. Setting it to 300 keeps me right around 230-240, which is great if you want that temp(kinda), but also keeps you wondering throughout an entire cook whether or not temps are going to go up to 300 or not.

Enter the meater thermometer. Used it for the first time last night and I loved it. Made a very juicy pork tenderloin.

It took the guesswork out of the ambient temps of the grill and just made me feel a bit better about cooking on the Lexington. Could I have spent a bit more and gotten a digital controller? Yes, but the meaters tech is far above anything out there right now it seems.

thanks for reading! Happy smoking. View attachment 1805View attachment 1806
I used to use the Meater block. I loved it but the was gifted another probe set that I liked a bit better. I did like that the Meater calculated the estimated cooking time. That was a great feature, and to be completely wireless was a plus too.

Back