Meat sensor readings

Steve In Pa

Reaction score
Wonder what's up with the start reading of the meat probe I wonder.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-164940.png
    Screenshot_20211206-164940.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 47
That's odd, looks like 1 hour and 40 minutes at 950 degrees. When did you plug in the probe, 230 on the chart?

That's odd, looks like 1 hour and 40 minutes at 950 degrees. When did you plug in the probe, 230 on the chart?
Right, the pic was a screen shot off the metrics portion of the app. I put the probe in after a 2 hour smoking period, for a continued cooking process until I reached about 130-140 internal temp.
It would seem the first reading would be whatever the internal meat temp was when the probe was put in the meat and plugged in.
So other than the odd initial reading, the probe seemed to work OK.
Curious, but not worth a call to Pitt Boss support for though.

Good to know everything worked ok, but still odd. Must be some kind of glitch. I agree it's not worth calling about. Maybe just keep an eye on it next time

My temp probes took a dump after a couple of cooks. The wifi connection took a dump one day, although I have wifi back on the app, no temp probes. Luckily I ordered a separate multiple probe thermometer. Otherwise, I really like the cooker.

My temp probes took a dump after a couple of cooks. The wifi connection took a dump one day, although I have wifi back on the app, no temp probes. Luckily I ordered a separate multiple probe thermometer. Otherwise, I really like the cooker.
My smoker came with one meat probe and so far so good. Occasionally I verify it with a hand held digital probe I have just to make sure. Location placement in the meat is important.

It says 3.12.7.1
I have an older version of Smoke IT. I looked on the Google Play Store and found the same version you have (3.12.7.1) available and installed it. Rather than being an update to the app that was on my phone, it's a new app with the same name, just in all caps ("SMOKE IT" vs. "Smoke IT"). I haven't tried it with my grill yet, but it looks a lot better.

I have an older version of Smoke IT. I looked on the Google Play Store and found the same version you have (3.12.7.1) available and installed it. Rather than being an update to the app that was on my phone, it's a new app with the same name, just in all caps ("SMOKE IT" vs. "Smoke IT"). I haven't tried it with my grill yet, but it looks a lot better.
Good deal. That temp graph is in the settings part. Happy smoking!

Latest Discussions

Back