Meat Handling Gloves

Steve In Pa

Reaction score
Hey folks, eventually were going to get around to doing a pulled pork smoke. Looking on line I see options for gloves to handle the hot meat during the pulling process.
Any recommendations of type and/or brand would be appreciated.
Also, what about those claw like devices that help with the process, what do you think about those?

I have seen the "claw" things listed on several peoples "waste of money lists". I use cotton glove liners covered with nitrile gloves. Makes quick work of it, but can get a little warm on the fingers.

I have seen the "claw" things listed on several peoples "waste of money lists". I use cotton glove liners covered with nitrile gloves. Makes quick work of it, but can get a little warm on the fingers.
I saw a YouTube video with a guy demoing the two sets of gloves.

I use me hands. I have a set of the claws and they are a waste of time. If you don y want to use your hands use a couple forks.

I have something like this, but you don't want to get them dirty. I mainly use them if I am moving racks around or picking up meat wrapped in foil. I assume you are looking for some type of latex or vinyl? Or washable? These wash but are made of cloth material. These aren't the ones I have but kind of like what I have. Also came with free claws for shredding pork.
heat gloves

I have something like this, but you don't want to get them dirty. I mainly use them if I am moving racks around or picking up meat wrapped in foil. I assume you are looking for some type of latex or vinyl? Or washable? These wash but are made of cloth material. These aren't the ones I have but kind of like what I have. Also came with free claws for shredding pork.
heat gloves
I have the heat gloves as you have. And use them similarly. I was looking for something to handle sloppy wet hot pork to process to pulled pork, or beef as the case may be.
Cooling it down would be an option.

Latest Discussions

Back