Low Flame on Gas Grill (PB1100PSC2)

frivers

Reaction score
We recently purchased the PB1100PSC2 combo smoker/grill. The smoker side has worked great. When we turn on the gas grill, the flame barely comes on, temp will only get to around 275 degrees. We have already checked for leaks. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I have had the happen on other gas grills, normally one of two issues ....
a) some sort of "air-lock" for lack of a better way of putting in the valve on the tank. MAKE SURE EVERTHING IS OFF AND COOL
- to correct I have just un-screwed and screwed back on a few times with the valve closed, if that doesn't work slightly unscrew for a second with valve partially open, with no open flame or ignition sources close by!
b) the other one that happened on our other grill was that over the winter some crude got into the burner where the gas outlet slips in. Took out the effected burner and cleaned out.
c) Other than that check the tank - new tank? does it work on other BBQ?

sometimes when you think there is enough gas in the tank there is not enough pressure to get a hot flame, change or refill the tank.
I always have three tanks so it's easy to check if it's the tank or not.

I have had the happen on other gas grills, normally one of two issues ....
a) some sort of "air-lock" for lack of a better way of putting in the valve on the tank. MAKE SURE EVERTHING IS OFF AND COOL
- to correct I have just un-screwed and screwed back on a few times with the valve closed, if that doesn't work slightly unscrew for a second with valve partially open, with no open flame or ignition sources close by!
b) the other one that happened on our other grill was that over the winter some crude got into the burner where the gas outlet slips in. Took out the effected burner and cleaned out.
c) Other than that check the tank - new tank? does it work on other BBQ?
We are gonna replace the regulator and see if that is it. It's new but still may be defective. The other item that we are planning to look at is the gas line that connects to the burners.

sometimes when you think there is enough gas in the tank there is not enough pressure to get a hot flame, change or refill the tank.
I always have three tanks so it's easy to check if it's the tank or not.
we just got two tanks refilled, will try swapping them out to see if that helps.

We recently purchased the PB1100PSC2 combo smoker/grill. The smoker side has worked great. When we turn on the gas grill, the flame barely comes on, temp will only get to around 275 degrees. We have already checked for leaks. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
Have you tried opening the gas valve on the tank really slowly? I’ve had this happen a few times on our gas grill and griddle both. It resolved the issue for me.

There is a special valve on propane tanks that if it sees a major gas flow it shuts down thinking there is a leak! You may have to try a few times but turn off the burners then the gas then turn on the burners then off again now open the propane tank slowly then try lighting it, may have to do this 2-3 times. I've had this happen on my Weber gas grill. If this cures you problem remember to open the gas slowly every time.

I have had this same grill for two weeks and using a Yummly thermometer, my ambient temp on the grill side easily hits 495-500F.

I have a black stone it has issues with the regulator some times if you open it fast I have read its common try opening it slowly it works most of the time on my black stone

I have the same problem - only used the smoker for quite a while, but last 2 weeks tried the propane end & could not get to 300F. Spoiled some great T-bones by slow cooking and no crispness. Tried opening & closing the propane tank, no luck.

If you're experiencing a low flame on your gas grill (PB1100PSC2), there are a few potential causes and troubleshooting steps you can take:

1. Check the Gas Supply: Ensure that the gas supply to the grill is fully open. Sometimes, a partially closed gas valve can result in a weak flame. Make sure the tank valve and the control valve on the grill itself are fully open.

2. Clean the Burners: Over time, burners can become clogged with debris or grease, leading to low flames. Turn off the gas supply and disconnect the tank. Remove the grates and burner covers, then inspect the burners for any obstructions. Clean them using a grill brush or a wire brush to clear away any debris or blockages.

3. Check the Regulator: The regulator, located on the hose that connects to the propane tank, may have a safety feature that restricts the flow of gas if it detects a leak or other issue. Check to see if the regulator is functioning properly. You can try resetting the regulator by turning off the gas, disconnecting the regulator from the tank, and then reconnecting it securely. Make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for your specific grill model.

4. Inspect the Venturi Tubes: Venturi tubes are responsible for mixing the gas and air to create the flame. If these tubes become clogged or blocked, it can result in a weak flame. Check the venturi tubes for any obstructions and clean them if necessary.

5. Replace Propane Tank: If you've tried the above steps and are still experiencing a low flame, it's possible that your propane tank is running low or empty. Replace the tank with a new one to ensure an adequate gas supply.

You can also check for the detailed review for Gas Grills here: https://www.miraclerestaurantgroup.com/review/best-6-burner-gas-grill/

If after trying these troubleshooting steps, you're still having issues with a low flame on your gas grill, it may be best to consult the owner's manual or reach out to the manufacturer for further assistance. They will be able to provide specific guidance and support for your grill model.

Latest Discussions

Back