Lockhart platinum

Johninsc

Reaction score
New to the thread,just got the lockhart and at the automatic start up procedure it says to ensure the temperature control dial is in the smoke position,,,where us that at on the dial?

I had to question the same thing.
When you first power up, it comes on to "S". That is your SMOKE position... (doesn't read it, but it's 160 degrees)
Manual does not explain..............

Thanks hunt,thought that was a 5,lol,,,,any advice on getting it to smoke better?
Only used mine a few times, but noticed it seemed to smoke better with both lower vents closed and the stacks opened about the thickness of a pencil between the top of the stack and bottom of the vent.

About to cook my first Pork Butt on my new Lockhart. Any pointers?
Use 1 of the probes near the meat so you will know the real temp of the grill. The mounted probe that reads the ”grill” temp is usually way lower than the grill temp actually is. If you are using the upper cabinet then use a smoke tube in the lower grill for more smoke up top.

Use 1 of the probes near the meat so you will know the real temp of the grill. The mounted probe that reads the ”grill” temp is usually way lower than the grill temp actually is. If you are using the upper cabinet then use a smoke tube in the lower grill for more smoke up top.
Thanks Ron. Will do!

Latest Discussions

Back