Lockhart Platinum (fan issues)

ChompFather

Reaction score
I’m not sure what has been going on with my new Lockhart Platinum but after attempting to speak to someone in customer service (hour and thirty minutes and no pick up) I decided to turn it off because it wasn’t heating up rapidly in fact extremely slowly.

While it was powering down, the fan kicked in and I realized my fan hasn’t been coming on. (I have a Copperhead Verical Smoker and that fan sounds like a turbine engine) So I quickly turned the Lockhart back on and the fan worked perfectly and I had smoke like I have not had before in the three previous times I used it since I bought it. It was a good clean smoke and quick rise to temperature.

So my hope is the fan will continue to work because this smokes/cooks a lot better. Once Pitboss customer service is running a little more regular I will call to follow up about the fan!

Last edited:
When calling customer service it is best to leave a call back number. I hope whatever you did fixed the issue. Could be a loose connection somewhere.

I’m not sure what has been going on with my new Lockhart Platinum but after attempting to speak to someone in customer service (hour and thirty minutes and no pick up) I decided to turn it off because it wasn’t heating up rapidly in fact extremely slowly.

While it was powering down, the fan kicked in and I realized my fan hasn’t been coming on. (I have a Copperhead Verical Smoker and that fan sounds like a turbine engine) So I quickly turned the Lockhart back on and the fan worked perfectly and I had smoke like I have not had before in the three previous times I used it since I bought it. It was a good clean smoke and quick rise to temperature.

So my hope is the fan will continue to work because this smokes/cooks a lot better. Once Pitboss customer service is running a little more regular I will call to follow up about the fan!

Remember you have a PID controller which operates the Fan and Auger it is not like your vertical where your Non-PID controller only controls the auger.

Your not going to get that Jet engine all the time with the fan as the PID works the temp based if it needs more pellets or Air to keep it at the set temp. Your fan may run at 100% then down to 50% then 30% it just based on the temp it is set on so you will get this pulse from the fan. When you turn it off the Fan will go to 100% so it can burn the remaining Pellets in the fire box.

Research PID contollers and you will get a better understanding on how they work and yes it is confusing coming from a Non-PID Pellet grill where that Fan is blowing at 100% all the time.

Latest Discussions

Back