Laredo 1000

Big E Ohio

Reaction score
I recently had problems with my Pit Boss Platinum 1000, when starting the grill it seemed like each time I fired the grill it took longer and longer, it finally got to where it wouldn't even fire. The pot would flood with pellets and not fire. I checked the igniter to find the set screw holding the igniter in place was not tight and the igniter slid baack far enough that the pellets would not contact it. This was a factory issue as those parts were pre installed from factory. I called pit bos about the issues of firing the grill and was told I wasn't starting the grill properly and that was my problem. So they were no help what so ever. Big Fail on customer service. Makes me think when I do replace this grill it won't be with a PitBoss

I recently had problems with my Pit Boss Platinum 1000, when starting the grill it seemed like each time I fired the grill it took longer and longer, it finally got to where it wouldn't even fire. The pot would flood with pellets and not fire. I checked the igniter to find the set screw holding the igniter in place was not tight and the igniter slid baack far enough that the pellets would not contact it. This was a factory issue as those parts were pre installed from factory. I called pit bos about the issues of firing the grill and was told I wasn't starting the grill properly and that was my problem. So they were no help what so ever. Big Fail on customer service. Makes me think when I do replace this grill it won't be with a PitBoss
Did you tighten the screws with 5/8 sticking out ?mine loosens up about every 40 or 50 cooks. Lock tite just burns away

Latest Discussions

Back