KC Combo's are now available at Walmart

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Pit Boss KC Combo Grills have been released and available at Walmart. Anyone pick one up yet?
kc-combo-walmart.jpg

I've had mine for a week or so now, but question: How can you turn the lights on without the smoker side running? I have grilled a few times and lastnight was seasoning the griddle and I wanted to turn the lights on to see, but the pellet side had to be on and running for the lights to work. Am I missing something here?

I purchased mine about a week ago. Sadly the Samsung app for the Galaxy S10 doesn't work and I'm reading all over the place that the smoker side doesn't produce nearly enough smoke as other makes and models. Any idea on how to remedy that other than taking Pit Boss's own advice and buy a pellet tube for an $800 grill?

I purchased mine about a week ago. Sadly the Samsung app for the Galaxy S10 doesn't work and I'm reading all over the place that the smoker side doesn't produce nearly enough smoke as other makes and models. Any idea on how to remedy that other than taking Pit Boss's own advice and buy a pellet tube for an $800 grill?

I do not have expereince with other pitboss smokers, but I think this grill produces plenty of smoke. My smoke rings look great, also the smoke is very clean (not white). I would make the assumption that ppl think it smokes less due to the nice PID controller it has in it now which controls temps much better. Hence not burning a lot on and off again.

My friend had the Lockhart and he said it was a huge failure as the top box was not producing the smoke process as his Austin XL so he returned it and they actually took it back.

The PID controller on these are a mystery as I have been researching and trying to find where they originate from and who is producing them. I made some headway, but still need a bit more time so hopefully I will have more info by mid month.

Yes, I got one. I can’t adjust the temp manually, only through the app, and the app will change the temp without my input, often having Set temp dropping to 160. I’ve notified PittBoss but haven’t heard back yet.

I am able to set the temp on the control panel. I have found if I try to change it off the app it will go back to S setting.

Knock on wood I got one of these mid May and then my buddy saw mine and bought his about a week later. Neither of us had any issues with the grill and the only issue with the app is can sometimes like get stuck for a few seconds. We both were able to use the app to update the firmware without issues but we both are using iPhones, clean after big cooks and after a few small cooks and no issues like I’ve seen with others. I wonder how many KC Combos they’ve sold and the percentage that are having problems.

I bought one too and was wondering if anyone was thinking about putting a heat deflector over the burn pot to mitigate the hot spot?

That's a good idea. I think I'll look into that.

Ya I’ve seen people buy metal plates and whatnot but I folded this little guy when I first bought the grill and haven’t had any problems. I take it off when I cook burgers or veggies and sear but long cooks like the pork butt I just did I wrap the smoker in aluminum for easy cleanup and just leave this over my closed sear plate.

PS Don’t mind the dirty grill haven’t cleaned her up yet.

Attachments

• A762883E-6B3B-4B66-8B6E-ABF01F5FABF5.jpeg
    A762883E-6B3B-4B66-8B6E-ABF01F5FABF5.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 74
Ya I’ve seen people buy metal plates and whatnot but I folded this little guy when I first bought the grill and haven’t had any problems. I take it off when I cook burgers or veggies and sear but long cooks like the pork butt I just did I wrap the smoker in aluminum for easy cleanup and just leave this over my closed sear plate.

PS Don’t mind the dirty grill haven’t cleaned her up yet.
Have you had any issues with your auger catching fire on long cooks?

Have you had any issues with your auger catching fire on long cooks?

No I do sift all my pellets and then store them in buckets with sealed lids, try to keep all the dust out and pellets in best shape as possible. My last cook I was messing around and I know myself included hasn’t been impressed with the built in clean out tool, but during the cook I used it but pushed down pretty firmly on it so it teetered and it seems like it caused the wire brush to make a lot better contact with the grating at the fire pit as I had a considerable amount more ash in my clean out tray then I normally get when I just pull it back and fourth. ?

Latest Discussions

Back