KC Combo won’t go past S (smoke)

Dj144a

Reaction score
My KC combo is relatively new. Bought in late May. It was working great then today I started a cook. Set dial to S(smoke) and will not go any further. Auger is working, it fires up, fan is going. When I try to turn temp up it does not move after that from S.
I need help!! This grill is worthless if I can’t get temp over 200 degrees!

Have you tried to turn it off, unplug it for a few min & try again. Mine did it once, did this and was working fine. Make sure you keep the door open when starting it up. Are you using the Pit Boss or Smoke It app?

Have you tried to turn it off, unplug it for a few min & try again. Mine did it once, did this and was working fine. Make sure you keep the door open when starting it up. Are you using the Pit Boss or Smoke It app?

thank you for replying.
Yes, I have turned it on and off, I have unplugged it for several hours and nothing. Door is always open when starting. Any other suggestions, I’ll try anything at this point.

thank you for replying.
Yes, I have turned it on and off, I have unplugged it for several hours and nothing. Door is always open when starting. Any other suggestions, I’ll try anything at this point.
Have you got it working?

Have you got it working?
No, unfortunately I do not. I contacted dave as you suggested. He had no answer for me. He suggested I call customer service, which I had been trying to do. It is not easy to get them on the phone. Looks like I will be down for a while. I’m sick about it. I bought this grill in late May. It’s summertime and I love to cook in the summertime!!

Try calling them in the morning and leave a call back number. They are easier to get ahold of early in the day. Someone also suggested send them a message on Facebook (I am not on FB but that's what someone here said to do). Either way leave them your number.

Try calling them in the morning and leave a call back number. They are easier to get ahold of early in the day. Someone also suggested send them a message on Facebook (I am not on FB but that's what someone here said to do). Either way leave them your number.
Got it, thank you also for your help.

No, unfortunately I do not. I contacted dave as you suggested. He had no answer for me. He suggested I call customer service, which I had been trying to do. It is not easy to get them on the phone. Looks like I will be down for a while. I’m sick about it. I bought this grill in late May. It’s summertime and I love to cook in the summertime!!

Sorry I am not familiar with that PID controller plus there are not alot of user with that grill so we can all learn from as you guys are Pit Boss's guiena pigs on these new Platinum series.

My KC combo is relatively new. Bought in late May. It was working great then today I started a cook. Set dial to S(smoke) and will not go any further. Auger is working, it fires up, fan is going. When I try to turn temp up it does not move after that from S.
I need help!! This grill is worthless if I can’t get temp over 200 degrees!
Mine is on second control board and firmware issues abound!

Sorry I am not familiar with that PID controller plus there are not alot of user with that grill so we can all learn from as you guys are Pit Boss's guiena pigs on these new Platinum series.
I agree, I knew that when I bought it. Which is why I was so thankful for you guys even taking the time to try and help me. I know this is kind of uncharted territory. This grill has a 5 year warranty, so I said what the hell, if it doesn’t work they will have to fix it! I plan to be a good guinea pig and let you guys know how this is progressing.
P.S
I also have a Memphis Ultimate (platinum series unused) right next to my KC Combo. We will see how this goes!

Mine is on second control board and firmware issues abound!
***************UPDATE**********************
Gentlemen, I am happy to report that earlier this evening, I received my new motherboard/controller in the mail. It took me 10 minutes to Unhook then reconnect the controller. I am happy to say My grill is back up and working, like brand new. I’ll be cooking on it this weekend. Thanks for the support guys!

Back