KC combo keeps shutting off and goes back to the S temp setting

RickyBobby2020

Reaction score
Have had my KC Combo for less than a week and this is the second day in row I’ve had issues. I’ll set the temp and get to smoking and out of no where I look at the app and its darkened and the temp has dropped so I go outside and the screen in black except for the fan light. I have to hit the power button and turn it back on and notice the temp setting is back to S so I have to reset the temp to desired temp and wait for it to get back up to temp and then it does it again. Not sure what the problem is. Pit boss said they are sending me a new motherboard. Hopefully it’s not a pain in the a*# to install. Anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance for your comments

I’ve had my KC Combo for awhile now and have not had the issue of it turning off. There are updates on the app that you can use but if it is the motherboard then changing it should help. I never use the S mode. I always use the 250 or 275. Sorry for your troubles

Reactions: Ike
My KC Combo did this 3 times last night. Driving me mad. I was wondering if it had something to do with the app. Either closing it or leaving it on screen sending wrong commands? But I haven’t been outside to see it when this happens.

My KC Combo did this 3 times last night. Driving me mad. I was wondering if it had something to do with the app. Either closing it or leaving it on screen sending wrong commands? But I haven’t been outside to see it when this happens.
Try not using the app. Just once to see if it works. You can cook chicken thighs at 275 or 300 in a butter bath for about 1-2 hours or until internal temp reaches 165. Then cover until about 1 hour until internal temp hit 200. Put sauce on them and place them on a rack back on the grill for about 30 min 45 min. This should give you plenty of time to see if without the app your pit stays at temp while cooking. And the chicken will taste great too

Latest Discussions

Back