Kc combo ash tray won't insert

Joetalk

Reaction score
I have the model without brush. The tray appears not to have enough room to fit under the smoke pellet coil. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?

I recently got the new style KC Combo, same issue with the ash pan. Mine goes in but way too tight. Pit Boss has no suggestions on what to do about it. So far I’m less than impressed with the new model

Welcome @Hoff to the forum. That's Interesting. Let us know if you figure out a solution.

Anyone resolve this issue? I put mine together yesterday and same thing the ash tray will not fit. I’m afraid if I force it all the way in I won’t get it back out.

Resolved mine by returning it for another KC. Tray slides in and out easily.

I have the model without brush. The tray appears not to have enough room to fit under the smoke pellet coil. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?

I thought I had the same issue when I puchased mine. Looking at the tray, it loked as if the trough in at the end of the tray would have to go under the danged pot so it could catch the ash, because that’s how the ones that had the brush worked on my buddy’s. But this was redesigned and now the flat part near the center of the tray serves as the bottom of the pot, so when you slide it out, it dumps the pot into the trough on the end, try flipping it over and reinserting it, mine fit like dream, and works as it should. After your first burn, pull it out, and take a look at the hot spot thats caused by being used as a bottom for the pot, and you’ll get a better idea of how its now designed to work. The first models they were making had like a wire mesh bottom in the pot, with the ashtray fitting right beneath the pot, and the brush was supposed to brush off the bottom of the wire mesh, only people were brushing it while the pot was still hot, which melted the brush bristles, and thus Pit Boss was the ones catching flack for this perceived design flaw, so the changed it I guess. Yea, try flipping it over and reinserting it…. Worked for me anywho…

Smoke On

Latest Discussions

Back