Just received new PB1150 PS2

darkangelshub

Reaction score
Just received new PB1150 PS2, assembled, but, I cannot get the unit to power up, I have plugged into multiple outlets, I get the standby lit illuminated, but it will not turn on, I spoke with customer service, and they're baffled, but are sending out a new controller, they suggested keep playing with it !!!

Anyone any suggestions, I am so peeved off right now.

Welcome
Did you purchase it at Lowe's? I'd bring it back and get another, maybe a lemon and another one will be just fine. Ask for free assembly for your time and aggravation.

How did you make out at Lowe's? Swap it out for another pb1150 ps2?
I am gonna wait for the new controller, that PB sent out yesterday, it's weird, when I connect power, "126" pops up on the display, then goes away after 2 or 3 seconds, then I have nothing but a standby light, I have tried pressing the knob, holding the knob, turning it pressing it multiple times ... nothing works. Like I say, I'll wait for the new controller 1st, I have verified that the fuse is fine, I cannot verify the soldering is fine, as they use big globs of white stuff to cover the connections.

I am gonna wait for the new controller, that PB sent out yesterday, it's weird, when I connect power, "126" pops up on the display, then goes away after 2 or 3 seconds, then I have nothing but a standby light, I have tried pressing the knob, holding the knob, turning it pressing it multiple times ... nothing works. Like I say, I'll wait for the new controller 1st, I have verified that the fuse is fine, I cannot verify the soldering is fine, as they use big globs of white stuff to cover the connections.
Just wondering and not being a wise guy, that standby light that you mention, does it say IT or is it a circle with a line thru the top of it?
If it is the circle with the line thru it at the top, that's the on /off switch, tapping it quick one time will start it up. Need to hold it in for a few seconds to turn it off. I made that mistake when I first tried to start up my smoker, I went back and read the manual. I went outside and plugged mine in and at first it says L142 then goes away and a IT light stays lit and the circle with a line thru the top, hopefully this helps.

Just wondering and not being a wise guy, that standby light that you mention, does it say IT or is it a circle with a line thru the top of it?
If it is the circle with the line thru it at the top, that's the on /off switch, tapping it quick one time will start it up. Need to hold it in for a few seconds to turn it off. I made that mistake when I first tried to start up my smoker, I went back and read the manual. I went outside and plugged mine in and at first it says L142 then goes away and a IT light stays lit and the circle with a line thru the top, hopefully this helps.
It's a circle with a line through it, and I have tried tapping the button, and nothing.

Omfg.... I was pressing the dail, I just tried pressing the actual standby symbol, and it started .... I feel like a dumbass, and you have just saved my sanity, thank yo

Omfg.... I was pressing the dail, I just tried pressing the actual standby symbol, and it started .... I feel like a dumbass, and you have just saved my sanity, thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210911-171536.png
    Screenshot_20210911-171536.png
    190.5 KB · Views: 27
Finally seasoning it, but damn set it at 359, and my internal temp is 60 degrees higher, holy shit.

Finally seasoning it, but damn set it at 359, and my internal temp is 60 degrees higher, holy shit.
The more you use it the better/seasoned the grill will be. Pit Boss probes have known to be off by many people. I use a Thermopro 20 digital WiFi thermometers along with the PB probes. 60.00 on Amazon. Don't forget to show us some pics of your cook/smoke.

The more you use it the better/seasoned the grill will be. Pit Boss probes have known to be off by many people. I use a Thermopro 20 digital WiFi thermometers along with the PB probes. 60.00 on Amazon. Don't forget to show us some pics of your cook/smoke.
I have a 15lb wagyu brisket in the fridge, to smoke on Tuesday, until then, I have invited the family over tomorrow for some ribs n chicken ...

Just starting my smoking journey.

Attachments

• PXL_20210912_190332243.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210912_190332243.MP.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 47

Latest Discussions

Back