Just Bought New KC Combo - Did I Make A Mistake?

countrycloudboy

Reaction score
I wish I would have found this forum before last night. I just purchased a KC Combo from Walmart. I live in the middle of nowhere so it was a 2 hour drive to get to a Walmart that had them in stock. When I pulled up, they brought the floor model out. After I had loaded it in my truck I noticed it was banged up in the back a little and the bottom shelf was dented. I should have refused it but didn't. I have asked but no one has responded yet from PitBoss, are the grease buckets and the griddle included or are those extra? Mine didn't have either when I got home and looked. I am wondering if I need to take this back to Walmart tonight and get my money back before it is too late?

It is sad because I have had a lot of people tell me how great their PIt Boss grills and smokers are.

I wish I would have found this forum before last night. I just purchased a KC Combo from Walmart. I live in the middle of nowhere so it was a 2 hour drive to get to a Walmart that had them in stock. When I pulled up, they brought the floor model out. After I had loaded it in my truck I noticed it was banged up in the back a little and the bottom shelf was dented. I should have refused it but didn't. I have asked but no one has responded yet from PitBoss, are the grease buckets and the griddle included or are those extra? Mine didn't have either when I got home and looked. I am wondering if I need to take this back to Walmart tonight and get my money back before it is too late?

It is sad because I have had a lot of people tell me how great their PIt Boss grills and smokers are.
Yes the bucket & griddle are part of the unit. Walmart should have given them to you.

Also make sure you get the grease drain for the griddle. You have to remove it when you swap over to us the grille grates.

I would take it back to walmart and get your money back. I thought Walmart was not selling KC Combo grills anymore? I guess they are just selling what they have left in stock.

My Walmart still has the KC Combo, I saw them yesterday. Also the Classic and Austin XL but they have not had any vertical smokers since I bought mine several months ago. When I bought mine they had 2 vertical smokers. One Series 3 and one Series 5. I got the 3 and the next weekend the Series 5 was gone and they haven't had any since. I have never seen the Lockhart locally and there are 3 Walmarts around here I go to on a regular basis. 2 of them have the KC Combo.

your right it was a different grill that Walmart stop selling...what was I thinking.

Latest Discussions

Back