Introduction

The Cooler King

Reaction score
Hey all,

Zach from Illinois here.

Just purchased a Pit Boss Pro Series 1322-sq vertical smoker from Lowes. Should be here next week (just in time for a B-Day smoke at the end of April!). Looking forward to browsing the forum for tips and tricks of using my new smoker. I have been smoking for several years on just an old 22" Weber Kettle grill. Its served me well for narrow uses (ribs and poultry), but I'm looking forward to a proper smoker and doing more big cuts like Brisket and Pulled Pork (my one attempt at pork shoulder in the Weber was miserable!).

As a starting tip, are there any accessories that you have found helpful to have to go along with the smoker?

Hey all,

Zach from Illinois here.

Just purchased a Pit Boss Pro Series 1322-sq vertical smoker from Lowes. Should be here next week (just in time for a B-Day smoke at the end of April!). Looking forward to browsing the forum for tips and tricks of using my new smoker. I have been smoking for several years on just an old 22" Weber Kettle grill. Its served me well for narrow uses (ribs and poultry), but I'm looking forward to a proper smoker and doing more big cuts like Brisket and Pulled Pork (my one attempt at pork shoulder in the Weber was miserable!).

As a starting tip, are there any accessories that you have found helpful to have to go along with the smoker?
Welcome to the jungle!!!

Hey all,

Zach from Illinois here.

Welcome aboard.

An AmazN smoker tube. Pellet smokers are nice and do a good job but you don't get the same smoke or bark that you get from a stick burner. On the positive side you don't have to babysit it as much as a stick burner.

An AmazN smoker tube. Pellet smokers are nice and do a good job but you don't get the same smoke or bark that you get from a stick burner. On the positive side you don't have to babysit it as much as a stick burner.
I miss the hell out of my stick burner, but this is exactly why I made the switch...

Latest Discussions

Back