Interesting places you've used the Smoke IT app

I have before when I went to stores for something.
It's handy that way. We've got burnt ends going on tomorrow and we'll be gone for a while. The only thing I'm concerned about is if the power would flip off even for a second. That would shut things down. If so, I'd head home and start it up again

Maybe it's just me, but I never leave my smoker "unattended". I never run it when I cannot be nearby. Now, I do check it from the living room to make sure the fire is still going properly or to know when to start side dishes etc.

I just never leave the house when the smoker is going... Last thing I need is to return to a bonfire on my patio...
Like I said, maybe it's just me, and by all means, to each their own... But safety first... :cool:

Maybe it's just me, but I never leave my smoker "unattended". I never run it when I cannot be nearby. Now, I do check it from the living room to make sure the fire is still going properly or to know when to start side dishes etc.

I just never leave the house when the smoker is going... Last thing I need is to return to a bonfire on my patio...
Like I said, maybe it's just me, and by all means, to each their own... But safety first... :cool:
I completely agree.

Me too. Just a old stick burner at heart.

So I was ready to pull the trigger on a new Pit Boss smoker and really like the feature of making temp adjustments from an app but then I found tons of complaints regarding the app. This thread is my 1st sign that maybe its not all bad news. Started looking at Traeger grills just to get a reliable app but I really don't want to spend the extra for the name. They have their own issues too. These comments are pretty current so have they finally made enough updates to the app that I can expect a solid performance out of it or is it still pretty hit or miss???

If it works, it's great. First controller when brand new wouldn't work for Wi-Fi, replacement controller works great since I changed it out.
PBV4PS2, we have.

If it works, it's great. First controller when brand new wouldn't work for Wi-Fi, replacement controller works great since I changed it out.
PBV4PS2, we have.
When looking at new pits is there a way to tell if it already has the newest controller? Do they look the same as the old ones?

I would think the older PID controllers, with 25 deg increments are a thing of the past. Newest PID controllers have the 10 deg increments.
Both look the same, so the answer would be NO.
Always could call customer support if you find a model that you like and ask about it, 877 303 3134 option 2.

Latest Discussions

Back