Insulated blanket for 40 degree F overnight smoke?

Not looking for an arguement, but here's an opposite view...

Yeah, I saw that one too. Definitely not looking for an argument either and enjoy seeing both sides of a topic, but that "review" didn't hold a lot of water for me. My understanding of when you set the controller to a certain temperature, it is not on a timer, right? It turns on the auger when the temp dips below the setting, right?

Also not sure the blanket has to do with him getting water on his pellets. Is he trying to use it as a protective cover? I really wasn't following what he was trying to describe before he dramatically threw his blanket onto the ground.

P.S. from the spelling police: It's "waste", not "waist" - he lost me before he started. :)

Yeah, I saw that one too. Definitely not looking for an argument either and enjoy seeing both sides of a topic, but that "review" didn't hold a lot of water for me. My understanding of when you set the controller to a certain temperature, it is not on a timer, right? It turns on the auger when the temp dips below the setting, right?

Also not sure the blanket has to do with him getting water on his pellets. Is he trying to use it as a protective cover? I really wasn't following what he was trying to describe before he dramatically threw his blanket onto the ground.

P.S. from the spelling police: It's "waste", not "waist" - he lost me before he started. :)
You're right about the damp pellets. And the pro-blanket video was better done and a bit more "scientific".
All in all, if I could find a blanket fitted to my TableTop (at a reasonable price) I'd probably buy one!

Perhaps the old style control is non-PID...idk. I don't have any experience with these small barrell smokers with the open vents I have a GMG Daniel Boone. It has a smoke stack. I haven't ever noticed any hot spots and here in SC it doesn't get very cold often enough to notice.

Got up this morning in CT with 48° temps. PB1100 only stayed at about 185° until 2-3 hours later and now at 220. I plan to get a welder’s blanket. Too cheap to pay big bucks for PB thermal

Got up this morning in CT with 48° temps. PB1100 only stayed at about 185° until 2-3 hours later and now at 220. I plan to get a welder’s blanket. Too cheap to pay big bucks for PB thermal
Did an overnight smoke in my cheap lil Tabletop. Outside temps were sub 40s. It performed fine. Are you sure you need a blanket??

Were you on the Smoke setting or did you set it 200 or 225?

Latest Discussions

Back